VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
This is where your Torklift Central Stealth Ecohitch belongs:

(My MkVII was built with a factory exhaust delete, so I have lots of spare room for things) I use the hitch for the Yakima hitch mount bike rack.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's just a missing blanking plate, possibly as you say for towbar etc. I shouldn't worry too much about it, just pop in to the dealer and show them what's missing or email the pic even and they can either order the part or "borrow" one from another stock vehicle if you're in a rush. Until then no harm should come to your vehicle, it's watertight under there - maybe keep an eye out for nesting birds or rodents at this time of year

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
It's just a missing blanking plate, possibly as you say for towbar etc. I shouldn't worry too much about it, just pop in to the dealer and show them what's missing or email the pic even and they can either order the part or "borrow" one from another stock vehicle if you're in a rush. Until then no harm should come to your vehicle, it's watertight under there - maybe keep an eye out for nesting birds or rodents at this time of year
Are you saying US GTIs and Rs should have a cover? I have yet to see a single one with it, and if so, VW is owing an awful lot of us covers.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts