VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

261 - 280 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe I saw your wagon about 3 years ago in Crozet. The white wheels and carbon discs caught my eye. Older lady was driving it.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I believe I saw your wagon about 3 years ago in Crozet. The white wheels and carbon discs caught my eye. Older lady was driving it.
2 posts in 9 years. 1 of them being a picture of the previous owner from 3 years ago. Ultra lurker status! If I ever need a private investigator, can I hire you? :laugh:

also.. front bumper looking dangerously close to the crub!

·
Registered
24,959 Posts
And we also get the E53 wagon now as well.
Now you are just rubbing salt in our open wound :( I would like to buy a new E53.

I think several factors combined to make uber wagons cheaper north of border, and nursing a cottage industry of these getting exported to the US to arbitrage the price difference.

VadGTI pointed out the supply - more easily obtainable JDM/Euro 15 years import, plus forbidden fruits like RS2 and RS4 that were never officially imported to North America. And also they were definitely cheaper in Canada when new compare to the US. Look at the price difference on RS6 for example.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,748 Posts
But again, this car is a one of a kind and far more special than any of the others ever sold. It will take a rare and special buyer to take ownership of this car. Like myself..
This, right here, is why you need to keep it.

You know you have to. So just do it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
That's probably the source of the scuff on the underside of the lip I had to touch up..

·
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,748 Posts
The two of you need to have a wagon-off photo shoot
I said something similar to him on IG yetserday! He can just shoot mine, but if he wants to do a combo joint im all about it.

I am supposed to be out in VA for some AoA meetings at some point in the future...... ;)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Eh, we will see. They seem to be much more strict with reserves now.

I have never been more torn on a car out of the 30+ I have owned. I am really split on this decision and it's giving me such anxiety but I think if I could get near what I paid for the car, I would let that make my decision for me and let it go as it was built. I would obviously offer to remove the lowered suspension components and the wrap if desired. I am certainly not going to take a big loss though. So if I cannot get what I want, I will go forward with starting to mod. The issue with this car is comparables. But again, this car is a one of a kind and far more special than any of the others ever sold. It will take a rare and special buyer to take ownership of this car. Like myself..
I don't know about that, you've had some really amazing, special cars that dare I say most of us would deem worthy of 'forever car' status:

• R30 - I would have been happy to keep forever
  • R31 - lovely but the R30 was nicer
  • E55 - I would have been happy to keep forever (as a cruiser)
  • E38 - I would have been happy to keep forever
  • 510 - I would have been happy to keep forever

:eek:

The above doesn't even include the amazing Z31 you're building!

·
9,748 Posts
I don't know about that, you've had some really amazing, special cars that dare I say most of us would deem worthy of 'forever car' status:

• R30 - I would have been happy to keep forever
  • R31 - lovely but the R30 was nicer
  • E55 - I would have been happy to keep forever (as a cruiser)
  • E38 - I would have been happy to keep forever
  • 510 - I would have been happy to keep forever

:eek:

The above doesn't even include the amazing Z31 you're building!
Or the LS E39T :eek:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
I meant any of the other e63 amg wagons ever sold but thank you!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's probably the source of the scuff on the underside of the lip I had to touch up..
How did you touch is up? The bottom bumper of my C63 has some crapes that bother me. They cant be seen most of the time but when you're at a lower level than the car you can see it and it bugs me.

Im somewhat tempted to just touch them up with black paint so they're less visible (car is black, scrapes are white).

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
How did you touch is up? The bottom bumper of my C63 has some crapes that bother me. They cant be seen most of the time but when you're at a lower level than the car you can see it and it bugs me.

Im somewhat tempted to just touch them up with black paint so they're less visible (car is black, scrapes are white).
I got a small touch up bottle from my local dealer for it.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
Bat and Demuro's site just wanted reserves too low so I intend to sell on my own. BAT was willing to go higher than Demuro but still too risky for me to consider since the site is just so flooded with vehicles. My dad made the mistake of agreeing to their low reserve demand and it bit him in the ass.

A specialty MB site is going to feature it and ill post to autotrader etc.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Bat and Demuro's site just wanted reserves too low so I intend to sell on my own. BAT was willing to go higher than Demuro but still too risky for me to consider since the site is just so flooded with vehicles. My dad made the mistake of agreeing to their low reserve demand and it bit him in the ass.

A specialty MB site is going to feature it and ill post to autotrader etc.
From a financial standpoint, I agree with the decision to sell.

From a collector's standpoint, I guess I can understand (though I'm not a car collector and I don't see value in owning something but not using it as intended).

But from a car nerd perspective... Yeah, it's a special car, but it's still just a car IMO. It wouldn't be sacrilegious to build a special car if it makes you happy.

So I'm 50/50 on this move. If you can't get what you need for the car, will you still build it and have fun with it?

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Oh, and I'm sure you're already on top of the MB forums and social media groups. Would it be worth reaching out to sources like Hagerty/Hemmings, or even [barf]Jalopnik[/barf] to try and get additional attention?

261 - 280 of 349 Posts