VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

41 - 60 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Yeah, I want to see what $90k in options looks like.

What color interior is that?

I looked at an E350 wagon a couple days ago that had a beautiful chestnut interior...... and it's gone. :(

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent & 2020 Subaru WRX
1,686 Posts
You share some of the best content on this site and this is just another level of cool. This is one of those stories that you hear and never truly believe. Congrats and picking up such a rad car. :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,555 Posts
Keep the wheels - looks amazing. Congrats!
I'm in the keep the wheels camp as well. They really only did that for the SLS at the time.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I love how some IGer made a db of all the known ones in the US that you were able to use to cold call people. :what: Nice work!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
FYI, MSRP on a "base" 2012 E63 Wagon is $92k. So this car has $90k in options :eek: That's beyond even Porsche levels of crazy.
yea, I'm not familiar with this car, so for everyone, I'm going to need a rundown of those options. :D

congrats OP

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
I need E63 wagon in my life :heart:

:thumbup: great snag

·
Registered
14,423 Posts
Gorgeous! Love the color and spec too. I can’t wait for updates on IG.

·
Premium Member
5,766 Posts
Damn, dude. A hell of a find.

Car is amazing. Congrats!!

And yeah, we need to see the build sheet on this.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
I :heart: TCL so much. It's amazing stories like these that don't disappear hours later into the abyss that members on other media platforms miss out on.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Looking through the pricing guide:

Premium Package 2 - $5,000
Drivers Assistance Pack - $2,950
AMG Performance Pack - $6,990
AMG Carbon Ceramic Braking System - $12,625
Limited Slip Differential - $2,030
AMG Twin 5-spoke Forged Alloy Wheel - $1,790
Premium Leather Upgrade - $1,370

There's a few things I can't tell if they're optioned, like Night View Assist Plus and the Rear Seat Entertainment System. I'm guessing that you have to pay for the premium leather upgrade before you even hit the designo program as well.

designo customization - $55,000

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
cool story bro

^ sincere usage

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Here is a cell shot of the build sheet. The Designo customization was $48k. My buddy who worked for MB is working on getting me the full build sheet and hopefully the window sticker. I am also including some shots of it being done at the AMG factory.

They took a complete E63 new and sent it to the AMG factory where all the special cars are built and removed everything to put the all new stuff in. He told me all about the process and pointed out some stuff he had never even seen before like the alcantara rear view.

I took some more photos of the car this morning too.

·
Registered
21,513 Posts
I am likely to build this and forego the Stagea honestly. The e63 was supposed to be a bridge gap until the Stagea was legal but this car has too much potential. Kind of a shame to modify but just about everything I plan to do can be reversed other than the renntech carbon but you can still fill some small holes and paint bumpers to return to oem. The rear bumper was already perfectly resprayed due to a scratch.
Amazing pickup, but the above upsets me. The Stagea must be built.

·
Registered
21,513 Posts
Here is a cell shot of the build sheet. The Designo customization was $48k. My buddy who worked for MB is working on getting me the full build sheet and hopefully the window sticker. I am also including some shots of it being done at the AMG factory.

They took a complete E63 new and sent it to the AMG factory where all the special cars are built and removed everything to put the all new stuff in. He told me all about the process and pointed out some stuff he had never even seen before like the alcantara rear view.
Please explain the above.

41 - 60 of 364 Posts