VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

81 - 100 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
:beer:

If the wheels I think are going on actually do, there will be 2 camps. One will be a burning world, and I will be in the other. SO PUMPED to see it happen.
I'm in the same camp... The white wheels are cool from an "old school Mercedes white on white" style but IMO they are ugly.

If this car can get better, it'll open happen in RVAE34's hands :laugh:
Considering the OP has yet to do anything on a car that I disagree with, this car will only get better.

Bronze 20" te37's are the plan as of now.
YES. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
How do I resize a picture?
17,667 Posts
Absolutely stunning car OP. :thumbup:

·
Registered
31,933 Posts
Glad the car is a pre-facelift, even if the interior was improved for the facelift. The facelift model tried to combine the flowy lines of the newer Merc design language to the edgier lines of the rest of the car and that just didn't work.

The plate has the name of a German city not that far from Stuttgart in it.

·
How do I resize a picture?
17,667 Posts
Glad the car is a pre-facelift, even if the interior was improved for the facelift. The facelift model tried to combine the flowy lines of the newer Merc design language to the edgier lines of the rest of the car and that just didn't work.

The plate has the name of a German city not that far from Stuttgart in it.
I've been to the top of that cathedral.

Many steps it took.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Digging the car, I'm one of the few that likes a performance model wagon with lighter interior and wood trim :thumbup:

I still think it's a sleeper to most people...they see mine as just a wagon (granted these day's it's not as relatively fast as it was when it came out)

·
12,745 Posts
This is the only one I could find online with TE37's. Bronze over white will look great.
Those aren't TE-37s though :laugh:

Amazing pick up OP and I absolutely LOVE the fact that you are going to modify it. Buy the best example of a car then personalize/modify, best mantra to have! :beer::beer:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah but I bought this car for me not for resale.

Yellow calipers are my favorite. I was amazed it had them because they are always yellow. Gold would probably look better but im definitely keeping the yellow.
I’ve grown accustomed to you completing a build, enjoying it thoroughly and then finding it a new home. I love that approach and know the next project will be an eye popping masterpiece....

HOWEVER, I’m glad you bought this one for you! I’d love to see you keep this car. It really does seem like she was just waiting for you to find her. The story of the find is super cool and the specs are epic. I can’t imagine another owner showing this one the love that she deserves.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
The factory options sheet destroys the concept of Porsche being the ultimate options whore.

Honestly, we could use a thread on highest options as a percentage of base price.

OP, BTW, love love love your threads. :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
My AMG with my wifes F31.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Did you put the BMW's front plate on the back of the AMG? :D

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Just amazing. Makes my wagon look like a turd.

What's the button to the right of the headrest drop? I thought that was for the parking heater n/a in us.

81 - 100 of 364 Posts