VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After work today I stopped by ECS Tuning (www.ecstuning.com) to pick up my new Stage 2 brake kit from him. I'll have a review of it later next week after its installed tomorrow, and after I get some seat time.
Anyhow, while there he talked about lowering prices a bit, but I wasn't really sure on what... he just said, check back later... so, I just did... some really cool stuff guys... check it out... I dont work for'em, but they have treated me good, and I wanted to give everyone a heads up..
HKS SS BOV : Forget about the competition, or even group buy, this is the WAY TO GO!! $298 !!! -- Yep... you don't get much lower than that... everyone was all crazy when a 2nd kit came out -- but I told you, it was good, because that means lower prices FOR EVERYONE!!
(I've got the ECS Tuning BOV kit on my car and its great... come to Columbus, Ohio next weekend to check it out if you want... it works, sounds and looks really nice... if you haven't gotten a DV upgrade yet, go right to the BOV!)...
Cluth Kit : My friend Terbonium got his Stage 2 kit from them back when it was nearly $900 -- but I noticed they lowered the price on this kit to $745... that is a great setup... it is capable of handling over 300HP and is more than suited for any sort of driving. If you need a good setup, and ever plan to go with a Stage 3 turbo kit, this is the clutch setup for you...
There are probably other goodies for sale too, but those two caught my eyes... cheers kids!

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Holy SLASHED prices, ECS Tuning... !!! (RVs021.8T)

quote:[HR][/HR]Damn, I want a BOV.. Too bad my car is crap right now...
[HR][/HR]​
What do you mean, your car is crap?... oh well... order the BOV now anyhow while the prices are hot...
Bump, too, BTW.... just check it out folks...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Re: Holy SLASHED prices, ECS Tuning... !!! (Shaka)

quote:[HR][/HR]... oh well... order the BOV now anyhow while the prices are hot...
Bump, too, BTW.... just check it out folks...
[HR][/HR]​
wash boys............. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Holy SLASHED prices, ECS Tuning... !!! (lapofluxury)

quote:[HR][/HR]wash boys............. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif [HR][/HR]​
????
????

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: Holy SLASHED prices, ECS Tuning... !!! (One Dub Nut)

quote:[HR][/HR]wash boys............. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
What?
[HR][/HR]​
what he meant was that every few days someone local to ECS comes on here and posts something AMAZING that ECS is doign and is probably sick and tired of reading it. Thats what he meant by wash boy.
chris
[email protected]

·
Registered
18,208 Posts
Re: Holy SLASHED prices, ECS Tuning... !!! (lapofluxury)

c'mon, it's already been a whole 3 days since the last ecs wash-boy post... it's not like it's happening every day...

·
Registered
25,085 Posts
Re: Holy SLASHED prices, ECS Tuning... !!! (vwvortex1)

posts by Jman5000 used to be good.......now they rank right up there with Shaka's constant pro-ECS posts......
I'm glad everyone likes ECS, they sell some really good stuff (though its not there's but Eurospec and other places products) I just dont need to have it posted every other day.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Re: Holy SLASHED prices, ECS Tuning... !!! (Boostin20v)

Hmm how about everyone stop bitching about it and enjoy the prices. Chris, you wouldn't care too much if he was talking about AWE, now would you?

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: Holy SLASHED prices, ECS Tuning... !!! (One Dub Nut)

I didn't say a god damn word, all I did was explain what somene ELSE said, notice 3 other people commented also. I simply offerend an answer to a question which was the right answer to that queston, I purposly did not offer my opion, I offered an answer. If this doesnt' get locked, I am sure that the number of 3 people will increase shortly

chris
[email protected]

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
Re: Holy SLASHED prices, ECS Tuning... !!! (chris86vw)

ecs http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
ecs groupies who feel the need to update us when ecs takes a dumphttp://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
btw that is a joke

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Holy SLASHED prices, ECS Tuning... !!! (EuroTech19)

quote:[HR][/HR]Thanks for the info Shaka, it is good to know prices on the BOV's are going down!![HR][/HR]​
That is all I wanted to say, nothing more, nothing less.... we've got Anti-ECS Boy over here (Chris) and many others, and hey, thats fine...
Call me a wash boy, call me a beatch... I really dont give a damn.... names dont bother me... VWvortex doesnt bother me... so.. whatever...
I'll say it again, loud and proud, because I can... ECS has lowered their prices on many items, so if you are out shopping for a clutch or HKS BOV, check our their web site : www.ecstuning.com
Hope everyone is having as great of a weekend as myself...

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: Holy SLASHED prices, ECS Tuning... !!! (Shaka)

Get over it shaka, I am not anti ECS I am anti you and jmann and yovmon and anyone else liek the guy who doesnt' even ahve the who just sweets ECS nuts so hard that they ahve to come on here every day and update us that they finally lowered the price on a part you can get for 100 bucks less then the price it was evne lowered too. That they are building a motor that was built 10 years ago. I am not the only one who is sick of reading this, I would rather there be a permenant sticky at the top that you can update every 15 minutes, hey lets just put a camera up in ECS with alive feed you can stand there all day and report waht kind of oil they wer putting in this MAD car they are building. Talk to vortex maybe you can do project Y all day everyday from the nto so secret location of ECS in Ohio, when you get tired of doign it, which I am sure wont' ever happen, one of your other buddies can take over. I've got IMs from other people in Ohio who are pissed off becaue you are makign the whole state look like a bunch of drone to ECS and theyare sick of it too. If they truely are good the products and reviews will speak for themselves, we dont' need updates everyday. If they want to update us on the price drops they can come on here and post Tom as done it before I am sure he can do it again. And if they are too busy to do this then I think business is doing fine without the three of you posting that green thumb just came and the grass outside the store is looking better then ever.
chris
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Chris : With the exception of THIS THREAD, I don't personally think that I myself have ever started a thread which was simply to promote ECS in any way. Since I do NOT work for them, it isn't something I care to do. So for clarification, if you or anyone else is unhappy with the way ECS Tuning is portrayed on the VWvortex forums, IM them, a moderator, or post it on THEIR THREAD...
Go back and read the stuff I post. My reports of ECS are 99.9% of the time related DIRECTLY with something that I purchased and had installed from them. Example : My dual-IC kit was installed by ECS, sold by ECS, so it mentions them. However, most of that content is about testing, not pro-ECS. Example : My Clutch/Tranny work was posted to tell people more about my setup than ECS -- but point in case, I mentioned ECS did the work -- since then Tom contributes more than 3 LSD installs due to MY thread!
HOWEVER, I wont disagree with you at all, Chirs. My personal feeling is that the whole "ECS Gone Mad" thread was a bit over-rated. yoVWmon is a good kit, but I don't think ECS was going crazy, nor do I think the way the message was originally portrayed was the way -I- would have done it. But if you noticed, I pretty much stayed out of that thread...
Seeing as how ECS Tuning is a paying sponsor to VWvortex, they or their customers are allowed to post about their products as OFTEN as they desire. If people don't like it, they can ignore it. Hopefully those who raised you told you, "if you dont have anything good to stay, don't say anything at all." It seems that MANY of the people here don't have any manners!....
So, to lapofluxury, chris86vw or anyone else who doesn't care for this thread, please, LEAVE! HIT YOUR BACK BUTTON NOW and go read a thread you DO have something constructive to add. Because that is how it is SUPPOSED to work, believe it or not. (sigh)
I've got nothing more to say. I'm not defending anyone but myself here, but its sad I have to even do THAT!... if it weren't for the fact that a few times a day I actually get SOME solid positive good out of this forum, I'd leave -- just to avoid this sort of silliness. Good day, all... and a pleasant tomorrow!

[Modified by Shaka, 10:59 AM 4-7-2002]

·
Registered
31,002 Posts

OMG we're loyal to our local tuners. Especially on a forum where everyone is trying to learn something, share something, etc.
That's so uncool.
Who cares if the regulars know most of it already? For every one of the guys like us, there's 10 more joining everyday wanting to know what chip or intake to buy.
Do you jump all over that? It's something we may have seen or heard about before. Oh, but that's different. Right.
Guys like us talk up places like this because half the time negative people like yourself can't live without having the last word, the last "yeah but...". Your attitude is ****e...but at least it's consistent. You have created a tone of basically hate towards anything that doesn't meet your approval which I have yet to figure out...and you make sure to beat the horse once more than anyone to feel like you "won".
You're so sick of hearing about it, but again, you're inability to let an opinion on this topic be something other than the one you see as truth, that you post up and keep the topic at the top of the threads.
Fall on your sword and admit we have divergent opinions on tuning and engine building and your local shop and let it go...you can't.
You may sugar coat the crap you sling with a weak-ass attempt at open-mindedness. "Yeah they're building something pretty nice...BUT..." and then you jump right back into telling the forum how much whatever it is sucks, in a way that only you have the gift of seeing.
Chris, maybe you should hold a seminar on how to be a "cool, low-key, true dubber". Because I guess we're just not getting it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Re: Holy SLASHED prices, ECS Tuning... !!! (Jman5000)

quote:[HR][/HR]OMG we're loyal to our local tuners. Especially on a forum where everyone is trying to learn something, share something, etc.
That's so uncool.
Who cares if the regulars know most of it already? For every one of the guys like us, there's 10 more joining everyday wanting to know what chip or intake to buy.
Do you jump all over that? It's something we may have seen or heard about before. Oh, but that's different. Right.
Guys like us talk up places like this because half the time negative people like yourself can't live without having the last word, the last "yeah but...". Your attitude is ****e...but at least it's consistent. You have created a tone of basically hate towards anything that doesn't meet your approval which I have yet to figure out...and you make sure to beat the horse once more than anyone to feel like you "won".
You're so sick of hearing about it, but again, you're inability to let an opinion on this topic be something other than the one you see as truth, that you post up and keep the topic at the top of the threads.
Fall on your sword and admit we have divergent opinions on tuning and engine building and your local shop and let it go...you can't.
You may sugar coat the crap you sling with a weak-ass attempt at open-mindedness. "Yeah they're building something pretty nice...BUT..." and then you jump right back into telling the forum how much whatever it is sucks, in a way that only you have the gift of seeing.
Chris, maybe you should hold a seminar on how to be a "cool, low-key, true dubber". Because I guess we're just not getting it.
[HR][/HR]​
Daaammmmn!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: Holy SLASHED prices, ECS Tuning... !!! (Jman5000)

quote:[HR][/HR]
You're so sick of hearing about it, but again, you're inability to let an opinion on this topic be something other than the one you see as truth, that you post up and keep the topic at the top of the threads.[HR][/HR]​
first of all i started off not saying an opinion, I answered a question that another member asked, which for hte most part is what I do on here. I can stop offering my opinion on shops and products but along with that comes any updates on how my cams are doing. No one would have a KO4 chip functioning right now. The chris86vw mod, although I hate mods named after people is a fricken cut a whole in teh side of yoru air box mod and acutally do some real testing with it mod, would no exist. Everyone would be out spending 200+ on a cold air intake, which sits in a lower pressure zone, meanign it gets no air, or they can spend 60 bucks ion a filter and 30 minutes cutting up an air box. Have any other members done 30 back to back runs in one day on a dyno just to see if disconnecting there crank breather tube loses or makes HP??? I don' think so!. I Can stop posting this information if you like I an stop helping people diagnose cars with problems that only few who work on them everyday for the last 3 years see. I dotn' see anyone telling me to stop helping out, all i see is peopel telling me to stop having an opinion when I have yet to do that to anyone else, I post facts and have stuff to back it up 99% of the time, very few on here can say this. So if you want my opinion gone you also lose my help.
And I wil say it again, I was nto teh first ot point out that this post is a waste of space and pissing peopel off and I was not the last. But I would put money on the fact taht ifyou did a poll that the people who are sick of the ECS threads would outweight the ones who are in favor of them. And tell me this helps the new people out and then when someone asks which chip they should get tell them to use the search, I Am sure ECS will come if you search for any product, becuase in the lastd month just about every product from motor oil to tip polish has been brouht up that ECS has it, its better then anyone elses, and its on sale this week.
Jamie I am serious, can we just put a fricken ECS sticky up at the top that ohio can update all day long on what they saw at ECS and how much it is, it would be much easier.
chris
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.