VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just fabbed up a homemade pressure bleeder using a pump up weed sprayer bottle, spare M.C. cap, some fittings and some hose. It's identical to the Motive, but without the pressure gauge. Haven't tested it out yet, but I was wondering...
When I put the pressure cap on the MC, there will be alot of air in the line coming from the brake fluid holding tank. Do I just pump it up and let all that air go through the lines untill the fluid starts flowing out the bleeder?

·
Registered
17,081 Posts
Re: Homemade Pressure Bleeder Help (paultlg)

what i do is top up the resevoir, then connect the cap. pump pump bleed, release the pressure and the way i have it set up is that my nipple on the underside of the cap is at the "max" line - so when the pressure in the system is released, it sucks the extra fluid back into the bleeder.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
another thing that you should do (kinda off topic here) is pick up a quick connect fitting that you can put between the cap and the bottle. that way you don't have to turn the bottle around the resevoir. just screw the cap on and connect the hoses together

1 - 4 of 4 Posts