VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda, Ducati
35,036 Posts
Remember when GM partnered with Honda in 1994 for the Passport/Oasis?

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
Surprised you didn't put the part about the Si not having a DSG or automatic option in there lol
It is because it is not even consider LATE... IT NEVER HAPPEN!! LATE means it happened but at later time. Having an auto/DSG options for Si won't cost much for Honda because they always have one.

Just like I can't say that Acura is still late to update their tard up Civic called ILX which is actually a 9th gen Civic Si with a DSG (it had 5sp auto, 6-sp manual, CVT for hybrid). Acura never updated ILX to 10th gen platform and now the 11th gen Civic are coming soon.

I am guessing Honda/Acura cannot put LSD and auto/DSG into a same car. (except 1st gen NSX)

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,204 Posts
I wonder if we’ll eventually wind up with 1 or 2 manufacturers producing all the EV “skateboards” that everyone else builds their cars on?

And I genuinely don’t see anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
18,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
RIP Honda Quality
Honda will probably establish its on quality metrics, which GM, acting as a supplier, has to meet. Honda might also be involved early enough in the projects to “bake in” its own best practices for materials and manufacturing.

I recall reading how Isuzu’s quality was improved, through Honda’s early involvement in the second generation Rodeo/Pilot.

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
I wonder if we’ll eventually wind up with 1 or 2 manufacturers producing all the EV “skateboards” that everyone else builds their cars on?

And I genuinely don’t see anything wrong with that.
just like computers, most of the main components (CPU, GPU, hard drive, motherboard...) will down to a few brands...

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
This thing kind of bit Honda in the butt, I hear many were pissed when they found out theyre new PASSPORT was an archaic ISUZU.Many wont like theyre Honda being a GM but who knows maybe the market has changed.. I will admit passport is a great name wasnt surprising they reused it (y)

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,204 Posts
I test drove a new Honda Passport back in 94ish and it was solidly class-competitive at the time, and felt a whole lot better put together than the Jeeps of the same era.

The 3rd gen 4Runner felt like a bank vault in comparison to either though.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts