VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
500e, 124 Spider, Exige
22,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote, originally posted by Autoblog »
Despite the fact that the entire world got an unabated view of it already, Honda has just dropped the curtain on its brand-new City economy car that's now officially on sale in Thailand. No, we won't get this car in the States; it's destined to remain primarily in Asia and emerging markets. That's a shame, 'cause we can see plenty to like here, starting with its powertrain. A 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine sends a healthy 120 horsepower to the front wheels through either an automatic or manual transmission with five speeds. As you might imagine, it will positively sip fuel in the process. In Thailand, the new City will sell for 524,000 – 694,000 baht. Not that it matters since it won't be sold here, but that equals about $15,000 in U.S. dollars.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/0...iland/

·
Banned
517 Posts
I for one, am glad that for once we get the better hatchback version of a car (Honda Fit) instead of the stupidly compromised sedan. Subcompact sedans just don't make any damn sense and they never look quite right.
If Honda had given us this instead of the Fit, I would be driving a Yaris hatchback right now or something else. Thankfully they gave us the good one.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Re: (yoohoorocket)

I really think it's actually good looking. Good job, Honda. I think it'd sell well here, too. Not everyone shopping for a car in the Fit's price range wants a micro MPV, but almost all respect the Honda name.
...might steal Civic sales, however. IIRC, the new Fiesta sold in the US will have a sedan variant. If that proves to be successful, I can easily Honda bringing this car here.

·
Banned
9,572 Posts
Re: Honda City officially revealed (Wimbledon)

Looks 10x better than the Yaris ou Versa sedans. Probably smaller, though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.