VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the deal my girlfriend has a 2000 Civic DX. The guy who owned it before her had an Alpine alarm added to the car. This gave it keyless entry. The car originally did not have power door locks, but the remote unlocks/locks them as though it has them now. I went out last night to get something out of her car and the damn door would not lock. You go to lock the door with the remote, the alarm arms itself but the door does not lock. You cannot lock the door with the key, or from the inside. It reminds me of our door lock actuator problem.
My question to you guy's is what do you think could be causing this, and waht are some possible fixes??

Modified by leftcoastvw at 10:56 PM 6-29-2003

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Re: Honda Related Problem. . . (leftcoastvw)

Yeah it's the power lock mechanism that opens and closes the lock. It's faulty. The stuff they use are cheap. That happened before on my Civic. Either get it removed or replaced and you should be good to go. They don't make those things beefy so it may crap out again. It's not a Honda issue.

Modified by hungalicious at 1:59 PM 6-29-2003

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Re: Honda Related Problem. . . (leftcoastvw)

The actuator is aftermarket. DX's don't come with power locks. Get the alarm shop to replace the component.

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
39,183 Posts
Re: Honda Related Problem. . . (hungalicious)

Quote, originally posted by hungalicious »
DX's don't come with power locks.

correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts