VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Passat 2.0T wagon. Where is the hood sensor located? Is it in the hood latch, or elsewhere?
When it rains moderately to heavily, I get a hood open warning along with the three dings every time I hit a bump...which, on a bumpy road, is super annoying! It doesn't take much of a bump to set it off, even changing lanes on the freeway and running over the lane divider dots will do it. I've also found that lightly smacking the dash, or bumping the underdash panel below the steering column with my toe will set it off. But if it stops raining while I'm driving, after about 5 minutes or so it dries out enough that it stops going off...until it starts raining again. I'm thinking it's a problem with the sensor and water is getting into it.
Gotta fix this before I go insane!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally got the magic combination of some good weather and free time to dig into this, found the sensor and unplugged it, the hood warning is off even with the hood open, now just have to wait till the next rain storm to see if it stays off. I don't really care if I have a hood-open warning or not, I can generally tell if my hood is open.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.