VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: Hopes Dashed (Makbros)

Thanks for the welcome back. much appreciated.
Update: I called the GM of the last dealership where they did nothing in two weeks, left him a message telling him to forget about trying to help me; I was going to dump it. Well, dump it I can't. Two reasons: There's nothing I can afford that would not be a major step down (MDX, PILOT, RX330) and the binding is so bad no place would take the car.
The GM called me yesterday, told me he got my message but still wanted to help. He said to get right over there as VW's engineer was there. I was at work, didn't have the car with me (I was driving my wife's new Acura TSX six-speed manual).
I told him I had left the last message out of frustration. He said he would find out when the engineer would be back and call me back, which he hasn't yet done. He said the engineer can look inside the stepper and see if "it's wound too tight." I can tell him that without looking in it.
While I still have hope, it's not that high.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Re: Hopes Dashed (mdjak)

Quote, originally posted by mdjak »
.... He said the engineer can look inside the stepper and see if "it's wound too tight." I can tell him that without looking in it.
While I still have hope, it's not that high.

Tell them to run a check inside the transfer case as well for loose, bent or worn parts.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

...I was at work, didn't have the car with me (I was driving my wife's new Acura TSX six-speed manual).

Mark,
I am sorry to hear about all the problems you are having. That was one of the major reasons for my temporary departure from VW as a whole. They can produce cars, but have no idea how to fix their cars It sort of excited me to see that you now have a TSX. Just curious on what you think of it. What color combo did you get and did you get the navi? I am in love with mine!!!!!

Check your PM from me.

Modified by cgmb16 at 8:42 PM 6-26-2005

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Re: Hopes Dashed (jinxegg)

Quote, originally posted by jinxegg »

Tell them to run a check inside the transfer case as well for loose, bent or worn parts.

Jinx if only it were that easy. If it were, it would have been fixed long ago. Not all, but at least the three dealers I've dealt with think the forum is a bunch of baloney. They say it's only something you've read. They don't understand that we know each other; that we're not just reading some fictitious, phantom posts by unknown people.
I've told them what needed to be done over and over again. They just do what suits them.

·
Registered
973 Posts

Jinx if only it were that easy. If it were, it would have been fixed long ago....

Don't tell them anything about the forum. Of course, they are qualified mechs, who are we to know...?
Just use a "common sense" suggestion, in the form of a "naive" question:
"But since the stepper motor is acting on mechanical parts inside the transfer case to lock or unlock the drive line and the stepper motor is ok, could it be that there is a problem with those parts inside the transfer case? You're a good mechanic, I bet this is on your mind too.
"
Usually it works, they are at it at no time.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts