VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
because the foam is all mashed and it would blow constantly before.
it only happened when I parked facing up hill in a driveway with the car running, then I noticed that even after I shut the car off the fuel pumps were running.
I'm thinking bad ground(S)?
I disconnected the horns and drove back home (50 miles ont he highway) and when I stopped at hoem and plugged the horns back in its back to normal, and the fuel pump woudlnt run after shutoff either. so I figure something got wet and dried off on my way home?
anyone wana help?
I searched but couldnt find anything like this, esp seeing as my horn "switch" int he wheel was disconnected in the first place.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Horn blows constantly after heavy rains, the connectors in the wheel were alr ... (Justin517)

oh yeah and my battery to tranny and valve cover stuf grounds are perfect, I re-did them 3-4 weeks ago and just re-checked them so im thinking my ECU isnt shot, esp because it isnt doing it again.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Horn blows constantly after heavy rains, the connectors i ... (VWCLUTCHWORKS)

well, when the car dried out it went away, and hasnt come back since, even when we had a bit of rain. I even fixed my horn button and it works flawlessly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.