VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my bumper yesterday and noticed behind it is pretty dirty. I would like to hose it off maybe when I clean my car tonight. Can I safely leave the bumper off and have everything in the open, including the side mount intercool, and hose it off without causing any damage? Thanks.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (CapeGLS)

Is that all? I'm going to cover the horns, and the intercooler since I don't really trust water on it, even though they sometimes get wet when driving in the rain.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Re: (ferretftw)

your intercooler is fine getting wet. The horns may have problems if you get water in them but they'll dry up. Otherwise, as long as you aren't using a pressure washer there is no problem giving your car a wash without the front bumper. You shouldn't be driving without one though as it can mess up your radiator and intercooler with road debris.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (Skinner)

Thanks everyone, No plans of driving it since I was just cleaning up some parts in front. I mainly planned on running a gentle stream on both sides just to clean up behind it, glad to know it's safe. Thanks again for the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts