VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine seems to be hot after driving it. Not that it isn't supposed to get hot, but it seems like it is hotter than normal. Fans are kicking on, but all intake/intercooler pipes are very hot, to the touch i cant keep my hand on them, and this is after only about 30 mins or less of driving.... Any answers for me, or is it just that the weather is hot, so the engine will be as well.??? Let me know, I feel that something critical is going to happen.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Re: Hot engine (Gr8mafy)

first off turbo engines tend to runner hotter than non turbo engines. second i have the same problem. i also run very hot. im not sure what your mods include if any but if you are chipped your def. gonna run hot. im going to be getting a front mount asap to help cool things off. hope this was of some help

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: (igotaprestent4u)

Guys its hot outside....they are goign to stay hotter much longer and seem like they are running hotter... Our cars are actually very very efficent.. And no our turbo cars do not run any hoter then a 2L in the same body, the ECU controls the temps and it does a damn good job at it.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Re: (igotaprestent4u)

Unless your temperature gauge shows that you are a bit past 190 degrees, i wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts