VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41,822 Posts
Re: How about a Civic sedan 2.0L? (Saintor)

I heard it is actually due here soon. Here's hoping. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,182 Posts
Re: How about a Civic sedan 2.0L? (AKADriver)

Guess where they build some of them too. Canada! Right beside the Acura 1.7EL. The K20 should have been in the Civic from day one.

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
Re: How about a Civic sedan 2.0L? (Saintor)

ill take a 96-00 four door and put a b20 block in it with a b16, or type r head. that'll be my civic 2.0.
but on topic, if they brought that here i think it would do fairly well, i think the new civics are better looking than the current si, especially since the 2004 "freshening". more power it always good, not to mention the increased tunability.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Re: How about a Civic sedan 2.0L? (Professor Gascan)

Quote, originally posted by Professor Gascan »
The K20 should have been in the Civic from day one.

I don't even want to imagine what will happen when they switch the Civic platform over to the K-series engine. Every RSX-S, TSX and CRV will have their engine jacked to be swapped into riced-up Civic. You think VR6 engine theft is bad now? You've seen nothing yet.

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Re: How about a Civic sedan 2.0L? (climacus)

Man California and Canada must be the car-theft capitals of the world based on all the complaints I read on this website...

·
Registered
41,822 Posts

HASport makes the mounts to swap the K-series into the 6th and 7th gen Civic already.
The K-series ECU includes an anti-theft immobilizer linked to the key code. The car won't run unless the key code in the ECU matches the one on the key. In order for the engine to start, you need to have the ECU reprogrammed to the car's key by a Honda/Acura dealer. Of course, the older cars have no key code, so I'm sure someone has figured out how to defeat it.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Re: How about a Civic sedan 2.0L? (AKADriver)

Acura should be using the 2L engine in the EL, plain and simple.
(or at least have it as an upgrade option)
I don't see why a Civic and EL have to share the engine (I know
its the same car, but the EL is still an Acura)

·
Registered
25,535 Posts
why stop at 2.0?
Seems to me the 2.4 is what's needed to move Civic back to the front of the class. Up grading to 2.0 will just put the Civic mid pack in terms of performance.

·
Registered
35,179 Posts
Re: (bzcat)

Quote, originally posted by bzcat »
why stop at 2.0?
Seems to me the 2.4 is what's needed to move Civic back to the front of the class. Up grading to 2.0 will just put the Civic mid pack in terms of performance.

It's an economy car, not a sports sedan. They already are at the top of the class in the only thing Honda really cares about - total sales and profitability.

·
Registered
41,822 Posts
Re: (bzcat)

Quote, originally posted by bzcat »
why stop at 2.0?

Well, for one, the 2.4 is slightly taller than the 2.0 and might pose clearance problems. I'm sure it's been done by the aftermarket, but there's a difference between a one-off aftermarket effort and something that can be mass-produced reliably with good NVH and serviceability.
Also, Honda has a long history of doing more with less. The 2.0 produces as much power as the competition's 2.3 (in the Focus ST and Mazda3), and unlike the more powerful 1.8 in the Corolla XRS, it also has impressive mid-range torque. Couple that with the Civic sedan's lower curb weight than all of them, and the Civic 2.0 looks very attractive. The Mazda 3s would probably remain a tighter overall package, but the Honda Civic has the brand name that people trust. It'll sell, don't you worry.

·
Registered
41,822 Posts
Re: (Isis182)

Quote, originally posted by Isis182 »
We already have this engine. Don't need it.

Only in the hatch, not the sedan.

·
Banned
9,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

NeOwn3d

1 - 16 of 16 Posts