VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Re: how can i hook up the front fog lights? (1.8T_mafia)

quote:[HR][/HR]i have a euro switch, and i need the wireing for the front fog light
[HR][/HR]​
Again, are your talkning about the built in fog light in your vw headlight, or a off the shelf foglight?

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Re: how can i hook up the front fog lights? (jettanjax)

Just run the power wire from the fogs into the Euroswitch, instead of running them to another switch. The front fog position is the second from last slot on the bottom on the back of the harness (if you're looking at it from the front of the switch). Works like a charm!

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Re: how can i hook up the front fog lights? (HokieDubber)

quote:[HR][/HR]There's built in fog lights? How hard is it to use them? Are they already there in the GLS model but just not hooked up? What's the deal?[HR][/HR]​
No they aren't in the gls model, you have to buy teh GLX lamps. Hokie, if you look at your Jetta headlamps you will se a chrome fake light under your turn signal. Go to my wesite and youll see the breakdown. If you have anymore questions let me know. Lamp Upgrade Here is a pic of a glx lamp

[Modified by jettanjax, 1:54 PM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Re: how can i hook up the front fog lights? (ze)

quote:[HR][/HR]Just run the power wire from the fogs into the Euroswitch, instead of running them to another switch. The front fog position is the second from last slot on the bottom on the back of the harness (if you're looking at it from the front of the switch). Works like a charm![HR][/HR]​
Bad idea, ze. You need a relay in there or your euroswitch is likely to melt -- not a pretty sight, methinks!
Follow the instructions at http://www.geocities.com/bora20_ca/Hella_Bora_Headlight_and_Euro_Switch.html

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Re: how can i hook up the front fog lights? (DoctorKB)

quote:[HR][/HR]Bad idea, ze. You need a relay in there or your euroswitch is likely to melt -- not a pretty sight, methinks!
[HR][/HR]​
Hella Micro DEs come with a relay... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.