VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to upgrade the turbo inlet pipe on my car, and I was looking for some info on the install.
Is it just a bolt on replacement, and will I have to remove other parts to get to it?
Any additional info (i.e. were you happy with it) would be great.

·
Registered
13,374 Posts
Re: How difficult is it to install the Neuspeed Turbo inlet pipe? (fastgti2002)

Pretty easy, Neuspeed gives great instructions. If you can wait, I could help you in a couple weeks. I can install those in under 30 minutes now.
Tim

·
Registered
8 Posts

i have a abd pipe and it took me about 45 min....its realy not that hard and the rewards are well worth the price...a lot faster spool up

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: How difficult is it to install the Neuspeed Turbo inlet pipe? (gtiracer75)

Thanks, I'll probably install it this weekend.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Re: How difficult is it to install the Neuspeed Turbo inlet pipe? (lilasswang)

quote:[HR][/HR]what kind of gains are expected?
[HR][/HR]​
ditto that

·
Registered
19,063 Posts
Re: How difficult is it to install the Neuspeed Turbo inlet pipe? (BlackWolfsburg)

I have the ABD pipe and the gains arent spectacular but the spool up is much quicker and turbo is very responsive.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
121 Posts
Re: How difficult is it to install the Neuspeed Turbo inlet pipe? (synthsis)

sorry for the ignorant question, but where exactly does the turbo inlet pipe go?

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Re: How difficult is it to install the Neuspeed Turbo inlet pipe? (synthsis)

quote:[HR][/HR]I have the ABD pipe and the gains arent spectacular but the spool up is much quicker and turbo is very responsive.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
I noticed no gains but the turbo does seem to spool up faster. Maybe a tad bit more air in the upper rpms....

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Re: How difficult is it to install the Neuspeed Turbo inlet pipe? (darkknight)

the turbo inlet pipe is where the air... oooohhhh..... now i'm ignant

it's either the intake for the exhaust or the fresh air. the stock one looks like someone took a straight pipe and bent it over their knee. (imagine bending a straw to 90 degrees, and look at the joint. it's terribly restrictive looking) neuspeed and abd make pipes that look like they were actually made for the task.
a question i have for the people who have them installed: don't they throw codes and cel's every now and then? i thought i heard a bunch of ppl having probs with them.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Re: How difficult is it to install the Neuspeed Turbo inlet pipe? (spaceman_spiff)

quote:[HR][/HR]the turbo inlet pipe is where the air... oooohhhh..... now i'm ignant

it's either the intake for the exhaust or the fresh air. the stock one looks like someone took a straight pipe and bent it over their knee. (imagine bending a straw to 90 degrees, and look at the joint. it's terribly restrictive looking) neuspeed and abd make pipes that look like they were actually made for the task.
a question i have for the people who have them installed: don't they throw codes and cel's every now and then? i thought i heard a bunch of ppl having probs with them.[HR][/HR]​
I am running mine with a K04 and turbo back exhaust and I have no codes at all. I think it might have not been the best use of my money, but I will be doing a dyno as soon as I get my CAI and I will post some numbers. I think that with an CAI I might be able to get more into the turbo with the intake pipe....But I am not really sure. I just bought mine because I am running out of bolt ons to addt o my car. The CAI and NOS are the next steps. I dont think it was money wasted but I dont think that you will see any real world gains by using the intake pipe. Maybe 1-3 hp. And the ABD pipe fit perfectly (which suprises me). And it is a lot cheaper than the neuspeed. Plus it looks really cool because it is shiney

Oh well good luck

[Modified by drm916, 8:16 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
1,335 Posts

If you can spend $200+ for an intake pipe, why can't you spend $65 for the shop manual

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: How difficult is it to install the Neuspeed Turbo inlet pipe? (Green-Golf)

quote:[HR][/HR]If you can spend $200+ for an intake pipe, why can't you spend $65 for the shop manual
[HR][/HR]​
NewDimensions price $179.99

·
Registered
180 Posts
Re: How difficult is it to install the Neuspeed Turbo inlet pipe? (Green-Golf)

Real life experiences are always good to hear. I personally want to know if this is a mod I can do myself, or should let someone more qualified handle.

[Modified by MikeyG_U2, 12:24 AM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
484 Posts
Re: How difficult is it to install the Neuspeed Turbo inlet pipe? (MikeyG_U2)

Does any one know where can i get a ABD turbo inlet pipe ?
How much does it normally cost ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts