VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'm trying to learn more about how turbos work etc...so bear with me please.
How does the size of the turbine housing have +/- effect on the performance of a turbo? what does A/R mean? and what would the difference of say a .36 vs. a .82? Turbonetics also offers a standard , stage 2, and stg 3 option? what are those different options?
Whats the difference between T04B and T04E? What is the deal with different size trims? Is that the way the wheel is shaped? whats the difference of two extremes, 35 trim and 60 trim?
The housing actually serves no performance purpose other than the inlet size?
Finally, I am looking to use a t3/t4 turbo as an all around performer. Drag, auto-x, road racing...what setup would you recommend? I will be going with the ceramic ball-bearing option for sure.
If any of what I've asked doesn't make sense please set me straight Also if you have any other info you care to share I'd love to hear it. Thanks for any suggestions!
Adam

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Re: How do different trims effect turbo performance? and other turbo related ?'s (Adam20v)

Read Maximum Boost by Corky Bell. you wont need half the stuff your thinking about
follow this link:
Maximum Boost
Both new and used copies available.

[Modified by Evil16vGLI, 6:10 PM 12-2-2002]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts