VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Re: (l88m22vette)

The snow looks peed in

Since it is soooo easy to change fog lights I may just get some Silverstars to replace the yellowish stock ones. I hate how they look compared to the HID's
Anyone have the Silverstars and are they worth it?

· Banned
167 Posts
Re: How do I change the foglights? (l88m22vette)

anyone seen some extreamly yellow fogs?? is there a way to convert the fogs to HID??? i thnik it would look kinda sweet. and would do better in fog....people allready think i have my high beams on when i have my fogs on. with a whiter fog im sure i would just piss people off.

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Re: How do I change the foglights? (TTTT)

Quote, originally posted by TTTT »
anyone seen some extreamly yellow fogs?? is there a way to convert the fogs to HID??? i thnik it would look kinda sweet. and would do better in fog....people allready think i have my high beams on when i have my fogs on. with a whiter fog im sure i would just piss people off.

I think that is what Eric has is the really Yellow Fogs. I don't care for yellow fog lights personally and HID's really don't do well in fog so I don't think there is such a thing as HID fog lights. Closest thing would be a set of Silverstars which I am getting today. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Banned
167 Posts
Re: How do I change the foglights? (IndyTTom)

Quote, originally posted by IndyTTom »

I think that is what Eric has is the really Yellow Fogs. I don't care for yellow fog lights personally and HID's really don't do well in fog so I don't think there is such a thing as HID fog lights. Closest thing would be a set of Silverstars which I am getting today. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

there is too HID fogs, and they are way better in fog than halogen. the silver stars are just halogen bulbs...
i found someone who converted their fogs to Hid 3000k fogs. they look sick and they look 2x as bright. they would work great in the fog. i want to do this to my TTs fogs.

just the fogs, 3000k HID's

stock 4300k hid w 3000k fogs

· Registered
8,041 Posts
Re: How do I change the foglights? (l88m22vette)

HID fogs are possible. Some of the plug and play kits like the F1 Spec setup works in the MKIV Jetta fogs so maybe in these
?
I really like those 3000k yellow fogs, that certainly will help visibility in heavy fog

And for the record, yellow light is better in low visibility, it helps cut through fog

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.