VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a set of ariettas on my 2001 GTI (fenders are rolled and pulled a little bit), but am trying to trade them for Santa Monica’s or long beaches here soon, but I am trying to get good fitment, with no rubbing or anything with the stock tire size for now, will be getting 18x9 wheels at some point but will worry about offset and everything when I’m ready to get those, so my current situation is that when I turn the wheel either way, the tires rub against the inner fender, not the fender liner as I have that removed, but the metal that is behind the liner, I am thinking spacers would help but then the tires will hit the fenders, and I was hoping to keep the height I’m at now, so I’m not sure how to go about eliminating the rubbing issues without raising the car up some, and I’m still kinda new to understanding fitment and all this stuff, so any advice related to this specific issue, or just any other fitment information as well, as I want to learn as much as I can about it all

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.