VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of possibly buying a Corrado thats in rough shape.
Currently looks like this:

It's in provi now. I can pay the shop its at some extra money and they will finish up the VR swap and get it running.
I'd prefer being able to drive this back as opposed to having to get a tow. What's the legal way to do this? In transit plates or something of the such?
Incase he does not have the grill and pass. headlight, would I be able to drive this during the day like that legally? Considering I wont need the headlights?
Any help would be much appreciated.

· Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (DumpdVR)

Quote, originally posted by DumpdVR »
borrow a repair/dealer plate...if i still had mine id throw it on for you...if not i dont know rhode island laws about temp plates,try their RMV website.

Well wouldn't I need to contact the MA RMV since I'm driving it up here? Or both I guess..

· Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (xlowdubsx)

Quote, originally posted by xlowdubsx »
if u cant find a rado head light just zip tie a mk3 or 2 one in you dont need to worry about it being pluged in or any thing. but me i would just drive it as is

Oh yea. I've got some spare jetta lights somewhere.
What about the plate deal though? anyone?

· Registered
6,968 Posts
Re: (Mucci)

Quote, originally posted by Mucci »

Oh yea. I've got some spare jetta lights somewhere.
What about the plate deal though? anyone?

cant drive without a plate. just register it before you pick it up. thats what the buyer of my gli did before he drove it back to ct.

· Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (ratbox20v)

just found out he doesn't have the title for it

$500 the VR Swap
$1000 as is - whole car
$1500 wired up/running
How much of a pain in the ass is wiring these things?

· Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (R32R1)

Quote, originally posted by R32R1 »
Bill of sale + proof of insurance + valid drivers license + 3 day time span from date on bill of sale = you get to drive it home during the day

Oh yea? Do I have to be insured under that car (raddo) or just have insurance?

· Registered
3,954 Posts

That's the law in RI, not sure about MA. In RI you need to have insurance on the actual vehicle that you're driving.
-Jeff

· Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (vw16v88)

Quote, originally posted by vw16v88 »

That's the law in RI, not sure about MA. In RI you need to have insurance on the actual vehicle that you're driving.
-Jeff

Then I'm sure thats the law in MA. And they probably 1-upped it by adding something to the extent of 'must also give every member of the board a handjob in the passengers seat before reaching said destination.'

· Registered
13,446 Posts

You have to have insurance on the plates you stick on it. EX: Perhaps you had a jetta or something before this that currently have active tags w/insurance. If you stick those plates on the vehicle with the bill of sale, you're fine. Just keep in mind, it's 3 days for mass as opposed to 7 in RI.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.