VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my question, I need to adjust the camber on my VR6. I want to know how to measure the camber? I would think it would have to do with a measurement across the tire, but I would think this could be inaccurate. My problem is, my tires seem to be cupping but I have had it aligned twice. I installed Bilstein HD struts and neuspeed sport springs, along with new strut bearings and all the bushings. I'm pretty sure the adjustment is done by the two lower bolts(where it connects to the spindle). I would like to set my camber to negative 1 degree, right now they are cupping on the very outer lip. If someone could help me or point me to a paper about it, I would appreciate it.
cheers,
late_apex

·
Registered
646 Posts
Re: How do I measure camber in a Jetta MKIII... (late_apex)

Do you rotate the tires on a regular basis, like every 10k miles?
Your alignment specs should be -1.5 degrees camber and 1/16" total toe out. (this is the typical spec for performance driving)
Make sure that the inner and outter tie rods are tight, do this by jacking the car up and grab the tire at the 9 and 3 o'clock position and try to wiggle it back and forth, if there is any play get the tie rods checked. If there loose you will never get a good alignment.
My suggestion, find a shop that specializes in VW's AND will be open to your suggestions of what settings you want on the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.