VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...the tools that collect garbage in my neighborhood? It's really nothing serious but it's becoming a nuisance.
For the past couple months, whenever the trash collectors come around, they dump our cans then deposit them right in front of my freakin driveway, but they only do this if my rabbit is parked there. The exit of our driveway is pretty wide, but they seem to block it completely every time.
This morning I actually took a tour of the neighborhood to see if they are doing this to anyone else and came up with nothing.
Moving the cans out of the way is no big deal, but it angers me that they keep doing it, and only to me, so I want to do something about it besides loading them up with paintballs or eggs next time they come around.
I'm thinking about setting up a camera, and getting them on tape for 3-4 pickups, then sending that to someone with a complaint letter.
Anyone have any ideas that won't get me into trouble?

·
Registered
8,813 Posts
Re: How do I put in a complaint for... (white rabbit)

Complaining not gonna solve your problem. Here's what you should do:

Buy a case of BEER, put it next to garbage, attach a thank you note.
That should soften them up.

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
Re: How do I put in a complaint for... (RUSSIAN)

when you have problems like that I would possibly call 311...It is suppose to help with issues in the city...Will that do anything with it actually getting to the people that pick up your garbage more than likely no..... I have similar problems too I find the lid of my can a couple of doors down most of the time. Wich neigbourhood are you in?
Another thing is to check with the neigbourhood association and I think the city has a web page somewhere with links to those associations.....
If all this fails a more one to one aproach with beer in hand maynot be so bad.

LMK how it goes.... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Neptuno

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

at least they dump yours..i had a bag with a little rip in the can they didnt take it for 2 weeks finnaly i heard them out back and went out there and dumped it myself in the truck when i asked they said they cant pick it up if its to heavy....funny i had no problem carring it halfway down the alley to catch up wot you

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Re: How do I put in a complaint for... (bmorevdubb)

sorry to hear you are having problems with your garbage collection. Luckily, the trash collection in my neighborhood is pretty decent. If you just talk to them politely it'd probably fix your problem. I doubt they are doing it to spite you...unless you frequently throw out heavy stuff or dirty needles or something to make them mad....

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Re: How do I put in a complaint for... (boostin2002)

I would talk to them and give them a tip next time they pick your stuff up. Beer should work or $10.
But you probably don't want to complain, if they find out you did they may get bitter. Wonder what goes through the mind of a pissed off trash-collector...

·
Registered
8,813 Posts
Re: How do I put in a complaint for... (kilarezorpa)

Everyone hates their job, especially garbage men. So brighten up their day, hook them up with some beer. And they'll appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I forgot to mention that I have tried to talk to these guys, they just ignored me and went about their business, I wasn't yelling at them either I was trying to be polite.
I hate my job like everyone else, but I don't treat customers like dirt because of it. I can understand them not wanting to be in contact with people on the job, and they wouldn't have to be if they could just drop the cans a few feet to the side like they do at every other driveway.

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
Re: How do I put in a complaint for... (white rabbit)

They put the can right in the middle of the driveway at my place too, I have 2 big dobermans , that poop quite a bit so I dont complain, I just load up the can , and wait for summer! Its the damn recyclers that I hate ,m efers. They just leave the crap laying next to the mail box, its just card board. its not heavy....

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Re: How do I put in a complaint for... (Scrubby)

Make it so they just have to take the bag out of the can. Put a post about 2 feet in the ground pack it with some concrete and get and eye bolt (kinda looks like your volkswagen toe hook) from lowes not home depot and some chain. Chain the cans to the post. They just pop the lids off and take the bag and everytime you come home the cans are right where you chained them. It suxs that it has come to this,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts