VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
522 Posts
Re: how do I smoke my tail lights? (JpPossenti)

quote:[HR][/HR]bump on how to remove them?
[HR][/HR]​
Pull the inner fender lining out, 2 pop in clips and 2 bolts, and then reach up behind, there is a metal clip that you have to press in, its on the tire side, then it should just pop out

·
Banned
5,873 Posts
Re: how do I smoke my tail lights? (JpPossenti)

wow.....

ok man, you see the plastic liner in the front half of the well?
there's two plastic rivet looking things towards the bottom. gently pry them out.
then pull back on the liner and feel around the back of the light. there's a metal clip in there that's hooked to the back of the light. push out and forward and it will come out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Re: how do I smoke my tail lights? (VolkSchnell-GTI)

I think I'm going to do it with the 35% window tint like Csniper did. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I'd rather do it that way because if I screw up I can always peel it off and start over again

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Re: how do I smoke my tail lights? (VolkSchnell-GTI)

yes
Testors Polycarbonate 'window tint' for lexan RC bodies.
light even coats and clear afterward.
You rock...I used the Testors Spray Tint and it looks great. I found some at a hobby shop in the mall for $3.95 a can. I did my fogs/dummy lens/turn signals also and they look awesome as well. I will post the pics soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: how do I smoke my tail lights? (hoosier1661)

[Ralph Wigum][/Ralph Wigum]

·
Registered
385 Posts

get a cigar cut it down the center. Get a hammer and crush your tail lights into thin pieces. empty all the tabacco out of the cigar. lick it real good make it reall wet. fill it up with the crushed peices until you have about a good 1/2 inch left then roll it up tight. if you never done this before use a dollar. like the edges real good and blow for a few seconds. Then light it and blow to get a good cherry going. then start inhaling

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Re: how do I smoke my tail lights? (SYNYSTAGLX)

bump cause I have a quick question ...
anyone know how long it takes for these coatings of paint to dry? Because I only have 1 tail light set, so I gotta do it on a day when I don't need my car that much if it takes a while

·
Registered
Mk7 GTI/Audi A3 8P
13,998 Posts

You need to use the right paint...that's specifically made for lights. Model paint are made for models. I just sprayed mine on. Just make sure the light is clean...and that it dries in a dust free area. It's a no brainer. The stuff I used is called Dia-Wyte. You can find it in most Japanese import shops.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

i'm gonna do this this weekend, i got a dark green golf and i want to paint the lights the same color, i'll post pics when i'm done

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.