VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have factory Navigation RNS-E (2010?) / MMI, in which I need to have the Navigation DVD inserted in order to use it. What do I have to do to update it with new maps/software/DVD?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Watch out when buying nav discs on EBay. I bought cheap copy of the 2015/16 North America disc. Some people have had luck with burned copy's but unfortunately for me my copy didn't work. Good thing it was only like $8 :laugh:
Yeah, I took a $20 flier out on this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXXYNHX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I popped it in the head unit and it looks like it can't read it, that is why I was wondering if i needed to do something else, via VCDS or another method or install sequence.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
516 Posts
I get what you are saying, but I don't have unlimited data to run Nav Apps all the time.
How often do you rely upon Navigation? I find I rarely use it. Only when traveling into dense traffic or to new places do I rely upon it. And the phone based Navigation works pretty well. But if you have RNS-E installed then it probably makes sense to upgrade it for the the convenience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts