VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

How Do You Best Maintain Vinyl Roof on Cabrio

371 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Firestarter 
#1 ·
My daughter just got a used 00 Cabrio and it has the vinyl roof. We are wondering how is the best way to keep it looking excellent and get the most life from it. The roof is black.
Help and Suggestions from Experienced Oweners are Appreciated

#2 ·
Re: How Do You Best Maintain Vinyl Roof on Cabrio (kudzu101)

I'm not sure if you'll get much response in this forum, as the Cabrio is still based on the previous generation (MK3) chassis. So, I'd try asking in the Golf III & Jetta III forum. You should get more of a response there.
Just a thought, in case you don't get too many responses here. Good luck. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#3 ·
Re: How Do You Best Maintain Vinyl Roof on Cabrio (kudzu101)

quote:[HR][/HR]My daughter just got a used 00 Cabrio and it has the vinyl roof. We are wondering how is the best way to keep it looking excellent and get the most life from it. The roof is black.
Help and Suggestions from Experienced Oweners are Appreciated[HR][/HR]​
Hi, as the previous poster initmated, this might not be the best forum to address this issue. The detailing forum sounds like your best bet. But before you go, for cleaning vinyl you can find a lot of high end, quality products here: http://www.properautocare.com/vinyl---convertible.html
Good luck

[Modified by GreenGTI, 12:37 PM 2-9-2002]

#4 ·
Re: How Do You Best Maintain Vinyl Roof on Cabrio (GreenGTI)

As absurd as this sounds, avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight.
It dries out the vinyl, and the roof can need replacement in as
little at three years--$800 bucks for the vinyl layer if you buy a
non-VW roof, more if you purchase a original manufacturer part.
I'd invest in a car cover, or be sure to park the car in a garage when
possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.