VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Re: How do you fix a squecky clutch pedal? (JmaqVR6)

Stop pushing it in

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Re: (VRSung)

I had the dealer do mine two days ago on the last day of my interior trim warranty. They said they used white lithium grease on the bushing at the pedal's pivot point.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (OstTrefftWest)

Quote, originally posted by OstTrefftWest »
I had the dealer do mine two days ago on the last day of my interior trim warranty. They said they used white lithium grease on the bushing at the pedal's pivot point.

That will prob just be a temporary fix

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Re: (JmaqVR6)

Quote, originally posted by JmaqVR6 »

That will prob just be a temporary fix

Well, yes. Anything that's lubricated will eventually have to be re-lubricated. But in such a low-stress application lithium grease should last quite a while.
Take off the trim per the instructions in the MkIV FAQ, smear/spray some lithium grease on all of the pedal's moving parts, and you should be fine.
edit for spelling

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: (jddaigle)

i had the squeaky clutch syndrome for almost two months before I broke down and sprayed it with wd40. worked like a charm, haven't heard another squeak in 6 months.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Re: How do you fix a squecky clutch pedal? (MatchStick Red)

i had the dealer fix the squeaky cluth pedal. They actually said the sensor for the cruise control (when cruise control is on and when you step on the clutch, the cruise disengages) was the problem. They fixed it for free.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts