VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you are braking and accelerating at the same time (You know, as the rallydrivers do it!
)? Now the ECU or whatever stops you from beeing able to these things at the same time, its stops the petrol flood so that you only brake

BR /Nicke

[Modified by Nrn, 5:42 PM 2-4-2003]

·
Registered
4th Tower of Inverness
8,578 Posts
Re: How do you get the engine throttle not to "stop" ? (Nrn)

I'm quessing here, but the TT's are drive by wire throttle, and the rally cars have a traditional throttle cable, maybe that has something to do with it.
I think that the TT would make a cool rally car!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: How do you get the engine throttle not to "stop" ? (Sepp)

You are quite right! But how can I make it stop trying to control my skidding
Ina an easy way, i guess and could get in touch with a tuning company and have them modify the ECU. Buts Im after a easier solution than that, since its not my regular car

BR /Nicke

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Re: How do you get the engine throttle not to "stop" ? (Nrn)

Is your TT Quattro?
If it's FWD, have you tried turning ASR off?
Do you have DSP?
-Tim

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: How do you get the engine throttle not to "stop" ? (SilverSLC)

Its a quattro, but the only thing I can turn off is what in sweden/europe is called "ESP" I think thats the same as DSP? It isnt as easy as a switch on the dashboard Im afraid, Audi has done it more complicated than that!

BR /Nicke

·
Registered
22,318 Posts
Re: How do you get the engine throttle not to "stop" ? (Aw614)

I believe it is possible to modify the electronics.
Fråga ACE eller Dahlbäck, eller på forumen på Nordicaudi.com http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Re: How do you get the engine throttle not to "stop" ? (PerL)

I read in the TT forums of a guy who one by one removed each fuse and started the car to find out which one did something, but it ended up disabling the ESP. He has to go back to the dealer now to get them to turn it on. I dunno if that helps you any, but there ya go. He has a TT modified for rallying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.