VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of getting one.
Silver/Black with a 6spd manual. They have a lease incentive going right now.
Anyway, well me how you like them, if you own one, or driven one, or if youve heard about them
Its a nice looking car, I really like it...how they match up?

· Registered
897 Posts
Coupe or Sedan?
I have an 02 C230 Coupe 6 speed and love it. It's for sale because I just don't drive it enough. Under 5000 miles in 2 1/2 years.
Great safety features. Questionable reliability, but as far as I am concerned, you get that with just about anything these days.
-Robert

· Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (SLCVR6)

i was looking at the sedan.
Somehow the coupe just doesnt do it for me.
How is the transmission, etc? Is it smooth? I cant test a 6spd because they're so rare around here. but I assume its great.

· Registered
561 Posts
Re: (Ajlepisto)

http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif to the coupe. 05 sedans got updated interior, much nicer but benz dropped free service. i am a tech at a benz dealer in dallas and am considering this as my next car. 6-speed is a strong and dependable tranny but not as smooth and sporty as the one in the new slk350. c-class has come a long way in quality standards in 4 years.

· Registered
455 Posts
Re: (texas03')

I drove a c230 sedan , supercharged iirc. It was pretty sporty but felt really really heavy . what I meant when I said sporty, is it didn't mind me pushing it through the cones, but it wasn't really happy about it

· Registered
263 Posts
Re: How do you like your Mercedes-Benz c230? (Ajlepisto)

Bought a new 6-speed 2004 sedan in June. very tite car/no rattles,squeaks. out of the box,handles much better than a MKIV and rides much better too. City mileage is about the same as my WE Jetta,but get better mileage on hiway. There's not much available to mod it,mostly cosmetic stuff and anything aftermarket is so overpriced.

· Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: How do you like your Mercedes-Benz c230? (subtle jetta)

Quote, originally posted by subtle jetta »
Bought a new 6-speed 2004 sedan in June. very tite car/no rattles,squeaks. out of the box,handles much better than a MKIV and rides much better too. City mileage is about the same as my WE Jetta,but get better mileage on hiway. There's not much available to mod it,mostly cosmetic stuff and anything aftermarket is so overpriced.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.