VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....the brushed stainless covered pieces that go around the radio & climate control buttons??? It looks like they were attached with a type of silicone.

· Registered
18,843 Posts
And if you did remove them each go to your local parts store and get some black silicone adhesive. NOT the form-a-gasket stuff but, looks the same. Just make sure it says Black Silicon adhesive sealant.
I used some today in the same area to secure the radio trim piece into place. Works great.

· Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: How do you re-install the interior trim pieces,... ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
they are a whole cage.... it should come out as one... if you took the silver parts off by them self you did it wrong...

It's definitely not 1 piece, not the trim pieces that go around the radio & climate control buttons.

· Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (thread)

Quote, originally posted by thread »
And if you did remove them each go to your local parts store and get some black silicone adhesive. NOT the form-a-gasket stuff but, looks the same. Just make sure it says Black Silicon adhesive sealant.
I used some today in the same area to secure the radio trim piece into place. Works great.

That's definitely what it looks like stuck to the back of each trim piece. Thanks!

· Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, I think it's a lack of communication. I'm talking about the 2 skinny, side pieces that go on either side of the radio, not the 3-hole piece which looks like it holds 3-gauges.

Modified by silversport at 8:04 PM 8-20-2006

· Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (BrewDude)

Quote, originally posted by BrewDude »
Push upward to lock them into their grooves...

Thanks, I'll give that a try... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (silversport)

Tried pushing up, that didn't do squat. I need to remove all the previous silicone "gunk" on each tab. I'll keep you guys posted, thanks. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
13,398 Posts
They can be installed individually, but to remove them, you have to remove everything around them first. If you yanked them out first, then you probably broke the small, fragile tabs on the back that lock them into place.

· Banned
7,126 Posts
Re: (silversport)

Quote, originally posted by silversport »
Sorry, I think it's a lack of communication. I'm talking about the 2 skinny, side pieces that go on either side of the radio, not the 3-hole piece which looks like it holds 3-gauges.

It ain't for gauges, it's just for MkIVs that don't have Climatronic.

· Registered
15,699 Posts
Re: (Max Rebo)

Quote, originally posted by Max Rebo »
They can be installed individually, but to remove them, you have to remove everything around them first. If you yanked them out first, then you probably broke the small, fragile tabs on the back that lock them into place.

x2

· Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Max Rebo)

Quote, originally posted by Max Rebo »

No yankee, I swear! The sucker just fell out! All the tabs are in place, just covered in black silicone adhesive, which gunks up the tabs. I'll post pics tomorrow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.