VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the 266 cam installed & TT chip and the car is incredibly faster now. Amazing how much mor HP I have now. Anyway, when I'm at an intesection or at a stop, the idling is real rough and it even stalls out on me at times. Looks like I need to set the idling a bit higer since it's probably different than stock setting which is what it's set at. Can someone tell me where I need to go to set it? After that, ready to eat some Honda rice. Advise please. thanks.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Re: How do you set rpms to idle higher? (phatpig)

Send your chip back to TT and tell them you have a cam they'll reflash it for 20 bucks with the higher idle. That's the only way to change the idle. Also might try cleaning you throttle body if you haven't lately this causes mine to stall sometimes.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Re: How do you set rpms to idle higher? (Apoidea)

A '95 is OBDI so you can't set the idle because it's computer controlled by the idle bypass valve.

·
Registered
101 Posts

'96< is OBD2, with scantool you can adjust idle up or down 40 rpm, not much. It's in 10 (adaption).

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

I have a 95 with the 268 and garret chip but it is not for the cam. Got the chip before the cam. The idle is a little rough but like it that way. It never stalls on me. I would think that maybe the cam wasnt put in correctly, like the timing marks werent exactly right. Just a thought. Good luck

·
Registered
851 Posts
Re: How do you set rpms to idle higher? (purplejettahondaeater)

quote:[HR][/HR]if you're obdII just tighten the throttle cable
[HR][/HR]​
RIGHT!!!!! Then the computer won't know the throttle position.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Re: How do you set rpms to idle higher? (bad GLS)

Won't Garret reflash the chip for you? I'm getting my tax return in a couple weeks! Now what do I buy?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts