VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't if you guys are slanging on the streets, selling your bodies, selling out your girlfriends bodies, or all are triple-figure computer geeks, but how do you do it? I am saving up all my penies to make my first mod, and it's under $600. Also, you guys must do the majority of the labor yourselves, but do any of you pay a shop? I don't know much about the mechanical side and am a little hesitant to give it a shot so I rely on my mechanic and buddies that now something. Anyway keep it up HIGH-ROLLARS, I will just sit hear counting my pennies for my springs.

edub
"Life ain't nothin but a good brew, a good mixed tape will put you in the right mood"

[Modified by edubA2seattle, 8:02 PM 4-5-2002]

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts
Re: How do you tuners afford your mods???!!!?? (edubA2seattle)

I work

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Re: How do you tuners afford your mods???!!!?? (whitemike76)

quote:[HR][/HR]Its called - I am now broke! Pics soon to come....[HR][/HR]​

If the car could only talk............

Carlos

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Re: How do you tuners afford your mods???!!!?? (iman16vw)

im a FREAKIN BAGER at my local grocerie store. so you could imagine how hard it is for me to hook up my car, but i manage, and so far its starting to look and drive really phat. but otherwise my parents usally pay for it and then i slowly pay them back.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Re: How do you tuners afford your mods???!!!?? (need_a_VR6)

I drill on teeth to pay for my mods.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts

I usually do alot of Gomer Yard shopping and then horse trade for everthing I posibly can. On my A1 over 50% of the car came out of one yard or another. Patience is good to have too, remember if you really like what your doing there is no rush do the upgrades in logical steps. And have FUN!!!

·
Registered
21,996 Posts
Re: How do you tuners afford your mods???!!!?? (need_a_VR6)

2 jobs: one for school money and one for car/fun money.
skip dining out. comparison shop. dont buy crap. cut down to 2 meals a day. stop buying booze. the list is endless.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts

I work drawing little pictures of building to work on mine. It is a slow and fun process. The longer one must wait for a mod the better it is when it finally gets done.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Re: How do you tuners afford your mods???!!!?? (uropnvw_edy)

if you have a pretty good job you should be able to afford mods if you drive an older car like an a2.. take my parents for example, we just purchased an a4 jetta, if instead we got a a2 for like 4k or so we would have had almost 20k to do mods (paid for the jetta in full, no loan).. for 20k you could have some pretty sick mods, even paying someone else to do it.. ie 10k for a 1.8t swap from ams..i think it just depends on where you priorities are.
-Geoff

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.