VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
how does the VW Motorsport Dogbone compare to the Autotech inserts on stiffness and feel. (Darkdub)

All I know is I pulled my Autotech's out because cabin vibration was way too harsh. Loud and rough when starting off from a stand still. It was winter at the time and I'm wondering if they'd bo kay now that its not 20 degrees below freezing. Any input? Anyone find them okay but then too harsh when winter came? Should I give them another chance? I did leave them in for a couple weeks as most people recommended for break-in.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Re: how does the VW Motorsport Dogbone compare to.........

I'm not sure if the Energy Suspension bushings are comparable to the Autotech ones but I am ready to ditch mine. I hate them. Other vortexers have said their experiences have been better but I can't use my A/C while at a stop because various points in my car rattle really badly. If I had known it was gonna be this bad, I would have stuck with the stock ones. I don't drive my 2.0 hard enough to warrant the ES bushings.
Just as a note for those planning on upgrading to poly bushings.......don't change out the third front cylindrical bushing, just the two rear larger ones. It's hard not to damage that cylinder bushing when trying to get it out and if you ever want to go back to stock, guess what.......the dealer doesn't sell the bushings seperately!!! surprise, surprise. And guess how much they want for the dogbone........A lot!!!! They can go to hell. So now I am trying to find someone willing to sell me their stock dogbone and it isn't easy.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how does the VW Motorsport Dogbone compare to the Autotech inserts on stiffness and feel. (Darkdub)

bump

·
Premium Member
36,791 Posts
Re: how does the VW (2kjettaguy)

Poly bushings on the VR won't vibrate as much, cause it's a silky smooth engine. I have the Autotech bushings and there is some vibration under 1000, but it's easy to live with. I Just need that third bushing on the dogbone, cause the stock one is worn... just don't know where to get it. I might just wait till turn2 comes out with their new mounts.
- Anthony

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Re: how does the VW (adg44)

Hey Adg44, good luck with that third bushing. VW doesn't sell it seperate and wait until you call about buying the whole dogbone. You'd probably be better off just getting the VWMS mount.
But just so you know, I have the ES bushings which come with that third piece and I wish I had kept just that one out. The difference in vibration is almost double by just changing that third cylinder bushing so you might want to avoid getting the poly one. My whole car rattles so bad now and I believe it's because of that third bushing.

·
Premium Member
36,791 Posts
Re: how does the VW (DJKeebler)

Crap.... that's what I heard about the third bushing.... so maybe I should just get the VWMS mount.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Re: how does the VW (adg44)

Considering that the VWMS mount is not too much more expensive than a replacement new stock dogbone, that's the route I would recommend. It's also the same one I may end up taking because I NEED my A/C and can't use it right now for fear of my car falling apart on me while sitting at an intersection!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Re: how does the VW (OnTheGreen)

quote:[HR][/HR]Who sells the VW MS mount?[HR][/HR]​
The Potters. Call them because, since it's an imported part and they don't keep a big stock, they don't put it on the site. I bought mine from them. (It's great, by the way.)

[Modified by ShakyPath, 8:25 PM 4-14-2002]

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

how stiff is the VW motorsport dogbone?

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Re: how does the VW (2kjettaguy)

Ditto http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif on the VWMS mount. I've had mine for 1-2 years and it's been one of the more worthwhile upgrades. Gotta remember to buy new stretch bolts when replacing the mount, though. They're a 1x-use-only item.
I'm actually selling my stock mount to a guy in HI b/c his poly mounts (I'm guessing) are causing too much vibration when he uses the A/C.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.