VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a built AWP Motor 1.8T Build bottom end and head.. and Ive been throwing around the idea of swapping it into a Audi tt quattro setup for the awd... how hard would this be? Has anyone ever done this before any info please threads on this if possible...

Also... if you guys could give me some pointers what to look for when buying an AUDI TT Quattro.. I have pretty good knowledge of vw these days but i wouldnt say its perfect and I have a good understanding of what to check for on a car when buying it, but what I am more after from this thread is small things only an audi would have problems with I want to buy one with either a blown motor or a shell and just swap everything out of my gti into the new one.... id obviously have to change to a different transmission to get it to hook up to the quattro... but more info if anyone could give me pointers on what to look out for when buying an audi tt.

beyond... water pump/timing belt thats an obvious and i dont really care about the motor seeing as i have my own motor i wana swap in.. more concerned about electrical stuff and tiny things like transmission stuff or interior stuff or wiring harness stuff or fuses... or problem areas of the car aside form engine problems..

·
Registered
8,922 Posts
kidding...

I own one...stock.

The hardest thing is scratching off all the little VW logos and scratching in four rings.....tedious!:laugh:

·
Registered
676 Posts
I own one...stock.

The hardest thing is scratching off all the little VW logos and scratching in four rings.....tedious!:laugh:
Why stop there? Why etch four rings when you could etch on the "winged B", the Porsche crest, a fighting bull, or the Bugatti logo?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Why stop there? Why etch four rings when you could etch on the "winged B", the Porsche crest, a fighting bull, or the Bugatti logo?

Because we're proud Audi owners.......

·
Registered
8,922 Posts
An Audi owners TWEEK of NOSE

Because we're proud Audi owners.......
I'm a proud TT owner for a lot of years. I'm not under a delusion about what the car REALLY is.....A GOLF SYCHRO (not a quattro even, technically)

Though my license plate is a double entendre'

UBERVW

sorry Bugatti... nice VW engine you have!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welp, your answer here is ridiculously easy. The 180 Quattros come with an AWP motor from the factory.
Welp, your answer here is ridiculously easy. The 180 Quattros come with an AWP motor from the factory.
No they do not sir the come with a small port 1.8T that has an engine code of ATC that is very incorrect this guy doesn't know the car

·
Registered
652 Posts
No they do not sir the come with a small port 1.8T that has an engine code of ATC that is very incorrect this guy doesn't know the car
I was going to describe the Dunning-Kruger effect in response to your misinformed post, but no one has time for that crap.

Instead, I'll just point out that anyone that's read the Bentley manual knows you've given bad information.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.