VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know if I have G or H coil pack and want to take off wire harness, but I don't want to break anything. I took off engine cover and now I see I don't really know how to safely get the wire harness off the coilpack to check the model #.
Can someone please tell me EXACTLY how to do it? I would appreciate it very much. Thanks!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: How exactly do you get wire harness off coilpack to check model# (psychwarlord)

Paradigm over at Club B5 says to take off the engine cover (three plastic screws).
There will be the four black round coilpacks on top of the metal engine surface.
Note the wire harness coming out the left side of the coilpack. On top of the harness is a plastic rectangular loop.
Insert a screwdriver vertically into the loop until the tip is on an edge surface under the loop. Use the screwdriver as a lever to gently tug at the loop by pulling the screwdriver back to the left until you hear a click. Then wiggle the harness off. Where the harness was will be a surface that shows the model#.
Mine is a G, build date 03/01 - I've got 31,000 miles - hope it doesn't fail. Good luck to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.