VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My g/f just bought a ford focus, with 0 down. she is going through ford credit for the full amount of the car. When she was looking for cars, she thought that she wanted an automatic, but now is starting to change her mind and is thinking about how she should have gotten a stick. How hard, or better yet, what is the proccess of getting out of this and going to another car that is about the same price as her first one. nothing would change, she would still ask for the full amount from the credit union or bank. thanks

·
Banned
13,716 Posts
Re: how exactly does this work?... (EuroSport98)

Has she actually taken delivery of the car yet, and had it for more than, oh, a day or two? If so, this thread will naturally blackhole itself.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts

There is a buyer's remorse term for a few days after purchase. If she's past that time, then i would not advise trading it in since she'd be very upside down on the loan. Remember the car loses a chunk of value the instant you drive it off the lot.
Cheers
V

Modified by CheddaJetta at 11:01 AM 2-14-2004

·
Registered
24 Posts

has she made her first payment yet?
if she has not there are ways to get out of the loan....
contact the salesperson and explain the situation.... as long as she has not made her first payment

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Re: how exactly does this work?... (sancletayley)

Quote, originally posted by sancletayley »
contact the salesperson and explain the situation.... as long as she has not made her first payment

Even if she hasn't made her first payment, if it has been more than a few days, the loan has probably already been processed.
Most states don't have buyers remorse laws, so even if she has only had the car for a few days, she may not have any out.
Trading the car is going to be a very costly proposition.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: how exactly does this work?... (Corradodrvrfnd)

thanks for all the replys guys. unfortunatly, i believe that she made her first payment and its been almost a month. i'm getting the picture that this isn't going to happen

·
Registered
750 Posts
Re: how exactly does this work?... (sancletayley)

Quote, originally posted by sancletayley »

What does this have to do with anything? In California there is NO cooling off period anyway. Once you sign the papers and drive it off the block, its yours.
Please explain how not making your first payment will allow you to retunr a car. I may wind up using this tactic to drive vehicles for free and get a new one every 30 days.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Re: how exactly does this work?... (Long Duck Dong)

Quote, originally posted by Long Duck Dong »
What does this have to do with anything? In California there is NO cooling off period anyway. Once you sign the papers and drive it off the block, its yours.
Please explain how not making your first payment will allow you to retunr a car. I may wind up using this tactic to drive vehicles for free and get a new one every 30 days.

I agree. The closure is at signing an agreement. "Oh darned, I wanted orange and not blue, wait I wanted Toyota, what am I doing here?" In scenarios like this, I favor the suffering dealers. Ask the dealer, not this forum. Ask the significant to lay off the booze a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts