VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 225 audi TT quattro 1.8t AMU engine (no wideband)
I assuming that most tunes will assume that you have intake, exhaust, DV, FMIC. But people rarely ever have any intake manifold mods. I would like to put an AEB large port intake manifold and pholenic spacer on the car for more power. But I am concerned about stretching the a/f limits of whatever tune is designed for this engine.
From what I understand most tunes are aimed at certain mods. ie stage 1, stage2, stage2+, stage 3, etc.
I am keeping the stock turbo. And stock longblock. But I have to decide if I want to keep the intake manifold/spacer stock.

Engine currently stock. I am collecting parts and planning on a tune/chip. I was aiming for a giac+ chip, but they cannot clear emissions deletes and things like that, so i'm shopping for something else. I am trying to save money and am not planning on doing a custom dyno tune. No idea which tune brand to go with either....

Planned mod list:
225 AMU engine.
3" catless turbo back exhaust
forge DV
oversized 3" TIP
cone air filter
FMIC.

Debatable mods:
AEB large port intake mani
large to small port matched phelonic spacer 10mm
very light intake porting(or just leave it).

·
Registered
2003 20th AE GTI #2728
275 Posts

I did a big port AGU mani on my ported AWP head with a matched spacer adapter. I got it all for free so I figured why not sense I wasn't ever going to buy an aftermarket one. Unfortunately the only difference I noticed was the way it looks.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
You don't "push" an OTS flash.

You get dyno tuned.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2003 20th AE GTI #2728
275 Posts
Check out Motoza for software. I have had good luck with them. They remote tune so any deletes are no big deal. You send them a build sheet and they send you a base tune. Then log the car on the road using their interface. Send them the data and they send back a tune that is tailored to your set up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out Motoza for software. I have had good luck with them. They remote tune so any deletes are no big deal. You send them a build sheet and they send you a base tune. Then log the car on the road using their interface. Send them the data and they send back a tune that is tailored to your set up.
That sounds sweet. How are the prices?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Checked their site. Their prices are great! The noted performance is not impressive though. Only a 40hp gain over stock

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
additional question.
if I want to get some major upgrades later on, then which tuner brand should I go with? Is it possible to avoid having to pay for a complete new chip/tune if I make major changes later on? i mean like if I go built motor/big turbo etc.

·
Registered
381 Posts
additional question.
if I want to get some major upgrades later on, then which tuner brand should I go with? Is it possible to avoid having to pay for a complete new chip/tune if I make major changes later on? i mean like if I go built motor/big turbo etc.
Many go for Unitronic 630cc.

Couple of good build videos from CO Motorsport on Youtube on their 1.8T Jetta

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Go with motoza or Malone if you want to keep things upgraded and honest over time.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts