VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may be already asked for thousand times. But thanks in advance for answering that.
How far (in KM) can a GTI 1.8T (no mod) go after the low fuel warning light on? Assuming that it drive in city ONLY with medium to high volume traffic.
Again, thank in advance.
Avus

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I really think it varies. Does anyone know how accurate the low fuel indicator sensor is? Reason:
I was riding my fiancee up in Jersey when the light came on (BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP). We drove for about 12.3 miles (according to the odometer - I glanced down to check it when the light came on as I always do) before deciding to hit a gas station (I always like to look for a Mobile since I like to use the speedpass). As we pull into the station and towards the pump, the car cuts out. I try to restart it, but no luck. We had to push it the remaining 10 feet to the pump.
Now there was an incline going up into the gas station, so I don't know if this had anything to do with it (?).
It seems to me that I've gone farther than that before. Or maybe it just seemed like it?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Re: How far can you go after low fuel warning on? (vr6dub)

the gallon measurement is 1.9 gallons after the light goes, depending on the mileage you get per gallon depends on how much you can go afterwards. ive gone close to 50 miles, but i was too close to empty, and i was in bumblef**k, so it took forever to find gas

·
Registered
735 Posts
Re: How far can you go after low fuel warning on? (vr6dub)

Always seems that the last quarter tank or so drains really funny. Some times, it takes forever to hit the E bar, sometimes it just drops in the blink of an eye. Once or twice, I've seen it drop well below the last 1/8th bar with the fuel light not coming on.
I don't run it down to the light much, but the few times that I have, I've always immediately filled it. Most I've ever put in was 13.5gallons, and the light had just come on. Some times, it's as little as 12gallons, so I wouldn't trust it ..

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Re: How far can you go after low fuel warning on? (jackr)

Has anyone seen the Seinfeld when he is Saab shopping? I can't really make it funny here, you'd have to see it. But it consisted of him and the salesman driving around for hours after the needle fell below the line. Funny stuff...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.