VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Re: How hard is it to install a front strut bar? Do they make a difference? (ALPHA_NUMERIC)

I DO recommend it. I have a Neuspeed strut bar and it was extremely easy to install (Neuspeed always provides very good instructions with their products) The bar is actually fastened by "nutserts" that comes with special tool to install it plus it looks great in the engine bay.
Dont worry about the strut bar voiding your warranty because how much damage can it possibly do? Example: The dealer would have to prove that your strut bar was the cause of frying your clutch. Can't happen!!! The same for other "mild" mods. Dont go out and install a supercharger and nitrous and expect the dealer to replace the motor if it blows up.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Re: How hard is it to install a front strut bar? Do they make a difference? (GTIUPVR6)

Installed the Strut Bar on my MKIV. If you are have the 1.8T or the 2.0 and are considering getting a supercharger make sure the bar you are buying will fit. It needs to have a slight bend in it. Easy install. Took me about 45 mins. When drilling into the shock towers make very certain you have it lined up as even if you center punch the tower before you drill you may drill off center a bit. I loosely mounted one side while I drilled the other just so everything lined up perfect. Ignore what you read about people saying it doesn't make a difference on MKIV's. I felt it and have been happy!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.