VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got one bulb burned out in my left rear tail light, is this something that can be done at home or is this a major PITA?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Re: How hard is it to replace a rear light bulb on a 04 Jetta wagon? (scottyb123)

I can't imagine it's terribly difficult. It's simple in my Jetta sedan, but I don't know about the wagon. Is access to the tail lights similar to a Golf/GTI?
Here's a DIY for removing the Golf/GTI tail lights: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2029714
You might be able to follow the same steps to get access to your tail lights, then just replace the bulb.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Re: How hard is it to replace a rear light bulb on a 04 Jetta wagon? (kritiostodd)

OP, have you even tried to look for yourself?

·
Banned
53,532 Posts
Re: How hard is it to replace a rear light bulb on a 04 Jetta wagon? (VW1.8Tsunami)

Quote, originally posted by VW1.8Tsunami »
OP, have you even tried to look for yourself?

Of course not. They were hoping one of us would volunteer to come over and do it for them

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Re: How hard is it to replace a rear light bulb on a 04 Jetta wagon? (GTINC)

dont forget to top off the blinker fluid while you're back there

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Re: How hard is it to replace a rear light bulb on a 04 Jetta wagon? (aj11086)

Quote, originally posted by aj11086 »
dont forget to top off the blinker fluid while you're back there

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Re: How hard is it to replace a rear light bulb on a 04 Jetta wagon? (GTINC)

Drive to Miami Beach with at least three bottles of beer (no domestic except Sam Adams) and I'll do it for you

·
Registered
20,398 Posts
Re: How hard is it to replace a rear light bulb on a 04 Jetta wagon? (grantndub)

Quote, originally posted by grantndub »
Isn't there a DIY.
I would imagine it's super easy and shouldn't take more than 10 minutes providing it's just the bulb.

even if there is, i dont see why anyone would need a DIY to change a bulb whether its in the front or back. take 5 min of your time and look at what you need to do and you can easily figure it out. i mean ****, someone had to do the same thing anyways the first time it was done to make a DIY so whats the dif. between someone else doing it now?

/rant

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: How hard is it to replace a rear light bulb on a 04 Jetta wagon? (kritiostodd)

Thanks much for the help kritiostodd.

And everyone else can kiss my tail pipe.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Re: How hard is it to replace a rear light bulb on a 04 Jetta wagon? (scottyb123)

Quote, originally posted by scottyb123 »
Thanks much for the help kritiostodd.

And everyone else can kiss my tail pipe.

Hell, I'd be surprised if you even know where your tailpipe is located

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.