VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
201 - 220 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I got super lucky and had registration and plates the day I got my car delivered. I didn't even need temp tags. Just lucky with DMV timing guess. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
‘21 SQ5 & ‘16 Golf R
40,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
I got super lucky and had registration and plates the day I got my car delivered. I didn't even need temp tags. Just lucky with DMV timing guess. 🤷‍♂️
My car finally showed up on the DMV site yesterday so the tags and reg should hopefully be here soon.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
21 RS6 10 A6 Avant 04 Isuzu Ascender 02 Chevy 2500 88 16v Scirocco
11,518 Posts
I got super lucky and had registration and plates the day I got my car delivered. I didn't even need temp tags. Just lucky with DMV timing guess
Thats the difference in paying cash versus not (y)

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
My car finally showed up on the DMV site yesterday so the tags and reg should hopefully be here soon.
Ahh the typical DMV side bottle neck :mad:

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Mac’s Custom Exhaust in Manassas.

There is also Hi-Flo Performance in Manassas, they did the res delete on my wife’s R.
Awesome thanks!

Speaking of the DMV - we can't get in the door for our new licenses (moved from out of state) until Dec. 1st. Hoping we can get everything done that day. Crazy how backed up things are.

·
Registered
‘21 SQ5 & ‘16 Golf R
40,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 · (Edited)
Yea, they are appointment only for in-person transactions. You can sign-up online so it might be worth checking other locations in the area for an earlier appointment date.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Awesome thanks!

Speaking of the DMV - we can't get in the door for our new licenses (moved from out of state) until Dec. 1st. Hoping we can get everything done that day. Crazy how backed up things are.
For the VA DMV I reached out via social media message and they found me an appointment the next day at the local branch. Their website schedule didn’t show anything for several weeks. That may work for you too.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I just finished mowing my lawn. So it doesn't look overgrown and ****ty.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
It's too bad they spec these with such garbage tires from the factory. My Scorpions were easily the worst OE tires I ever experienced and despite building to a price point you'd still expect something at least slightly better on an SQ5 than a tire that is now 10 years old. I know these have been around unchanged AFAIK since 2012 if not before. Surprised they are using the same tires on an SQ5 that they put on a 184 hp wet blanket new Tiguan.

·
Registered
‘21 SQ5 & ‘16 Golf R
40,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
It's too bad they spec these with such garbage tires from the factory. My Scorpions were easily the worst OE tires I ever experienced and despite building to a price point you'd still expect something at least slightly better on an SQ5 than a tire that is now 10 years old. I know these have been around unchanged AFAIK since 2012 if not before. Surprised they are using the same tires on an SQ5 that they put on a 184 hp wet blanket new Tiguan.
I opted for all seasons, no clue what the standard summer tires are.

But yea, you’re right. The car is completely ruined. I should sell it or set it on fire for the insurance money.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
I opted for all seasons, no clue what the standard summer tires are.

But yea, you’re right. The car is completely ruined. I should sell it or set it on fire for the insurance money.
Yeah, and when they see that the only thing that survived the fire are the Scorpions and they therefore only pay you wet blanket Tiguan money, you can throw your phone through the wall again!

·
Registered
‘21 SQ5 & ‘16 Golf R
40,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
It’s fine. New iPhones are so cheap due to our corporate pricing. They’re almost disposable.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I believe the SQ5 and Q7 both came with Crosscontact LX or something.... From Continental?

They chunk like a motherf*cker in hard cornering, leave rubber all over the doors and what have you. Otherwise I have no complaints, well yes I do, they suck in snow.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I believe the SQ5 and Q7 both came with Crosscontact LX or something.... From Continental?

They chunk like a motherf*cker in hard cornering, leave rubber all over the doors and what have you. Otherwise I have no complaints, well yes I do, they suck in snow.

201 - 220 of 245 Posts