VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend moving to NYC in July who found an apartment across the street from the Natural History Museum in NYC. Since neither of us have been there before, I figure I would ask you all. Basically we want to know how is the neighborhood in that area? is it pretty crime ridden or pretty safe? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Re: How is the neighborhood next to the Natural History Museum in NY city? (rlsib16)

looks like beirut

/\....joke,im all about them today.

Modified by 5ven3 at 8:51 PM 5-20-2004

·
Banned
7,395 Posts
Central Park West? Crime ridden? Are you serious, or do you just not know anything?
Any where around Central Park is a nice neighborhood. What does your friend do, or is mom and dad paying for the apartment?

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Re: How is the neighborhood next to the Natural History Museum in NY city? (salsanacho)

Quote, originally posted by salsanacho »
I have a friend moving to NYC in July who found an apartment across the street from the Natural History Museum in NYC. Since neither of us have been there before, I figure I would ask you all. Basically we want to know how is the neighborhood in that area? is it pretty crime ridden or pretty safe? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

An apartment next to central park?
someone is filthy rich...

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Re: How is the neighborhood next to the Natural History Museum in NY city? (salsanacho)

Does your friend ride in one of these ?

·
Banned
7,395 Posts
Re: How is the neighborhood next to the Natural History Museum in NY city? (SleepyTT)

Quote, originally posted by SleepyTT »
Does your friend ride in one of these ?

BLING BLING

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Re: How is the neighborhood next to the Natural History Museum in NY city? (LordJax)

hahahahaha
us northerners aren't very nice.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Re: How is the neighborhood next to the Natural History Museum in NY city? (RuffDice)

I have a cousin who lives in the area, it's pretty expensive to say the least. Not just living there either. It costs ~350 bucks for monthly parking, >115 bucks for a simple parking ticket if you can find space of course.
P.S. don't try chaining a bike outside for more than 2 min.
they'll take the bike and the freakin pole it's attached to, I've seen it!!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually she's a starving student, she found a listing for a 1 bdrm apt for 370 a month. The ad stated it was across from the natural histroy museum. That's why she was wondering if it was too good to be true and in some crack den neighborhood.

Modified by salsanacho at 7:50 AM 5-21-2004

·
Banned
7,395 Posts

Actually she's a starving student, she found a listing for a 1 bdrm apt for 370 a month. The ad stated it was across from the natural histroy museum. That's why she was wondering if it was too good to be true and in some crack den neighborhood.

Probably some ****ty 1 room basement apartment under a chinses food restaurant.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: How is the neighborhood next to the Natural History Museum in NY city? (LordJax)

Which actually would be fine for her, she just doesn't want to pay an arm and a leg to live i NYC. I realize that may be hard to do, but cheap is cheap.

·
Registered
17,655 Posts

Quote, originally posted by LordJax »

Probably some ****ty 1 room basement apartment under a chinses food restaurant.

faster delivery of your fried cat wings

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: How is the neighborhood next to the Natural History Museum in NY city? (rlsib16)

Update: my friend called the guy who placed the ad, turns out the ad was a typo, it was actually 870 per month, not 370. thanks you all for your help, you have all enlightened me greatly.

·
Banned
7,395 Posts

Update: my friend called the guy who placed the ad, turns out the ad was a typo, it was actually 870 per month, not 370. thanks you all for your help, you have all enlightened me greatly.

NOW that sounds like a central park west apt

·
Registered
1,572 Posts

870 a month is still pretty darn cheap actually.. Sorry to say .. Living expenses in nyc is just way too much .. I wonder how us young bucks ever gonna afford a house here in nyc.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Re: How is the neighborhood next to the Natural History Museum in NY city? (becones)

$870 a month on CPW? Give me the number, I'll rent it just for a place to crash. I gave up a 5th floor walk up in Alphabet Cuty 5 years ago and the rent was $1500/month.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts