VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,560 Posts
Re: How Long Did You wait for you new VW? (texture)

Look you around and you shouldn't have a problem finding one on a dealer lot. When I bought mine the dealer had six sitting there. Most dealers in my area had between 4-6 on the lot...

·
Registered
22,720 Posts

most cars only take a couple weeks maybe a month to find. The long waits come with the TDI's. I had to wait 3months for the first one that wasn't presold to come into the boston port!!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Re: How Long Did You wait for you new VW? (landrumdh)

i got my "green rave" back in march after a 9 month wait. the dealer told me it was probably going to take a while, but no more than 3 months. after i put 2 grand down on it. man was i bent out of shape, but fully stoked when it arrived, that was until i seen the dope 17s i could have got, but was never asked if i wanted.
did you ever get the feeling that people that buy vdubs know more about them than the people that sell them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Re: How Long Did You wait for you new VW? (Steev-1)

minus 1 hour. They got it delivered an hour before I saw it. I said, "I'll take it", watched them enter it into stock and then sell it to me.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Re: How Long Did You wait for you new VW? (Steev-1)

May have to wait as long as FIVE MONTHS for my Jetta 1.8t, black velour interior. Ordered in November 1, but apparently just missed the last run of black interiors. Seems they won't be making any with black velour until January now!
And yes I would gladly go with the black leather, but you gotta also buy a "luxury package to get it. That mean up to 3 GRAND just to get it. No thanks, I'll just get cloth then custom leather it when it comes in. Probly upgrade wheels and suspension too.
I am tired of waiting already!

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Re: How Long Did You wait for you new VW? (keycom)

quote:[HR][/HR]May have to wait as long as FIVE MONTHS for my Jetta 1.8t, black velour interior. Ordered in November 1, but apparently just missed the last run of black interiors. Seems they won't be making any with black velour until January now!
And yes I would gladly go with the black leather, but you gotta also buy a "luxury package to get it. That mean up to 3 GRAND just to get it. No thanks, I'll just get cloth then custom leather it when it comes in. Probly upgrade wheels and suspension too.
I am tired of waiting already!
[HR][/HR]​
You need to upgrade from that shiddy velour interior to some leather. Trust me on that one man.

If they offerred leather in the 4door Golfs I woulda got it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Re: How Long Did You wait for you new VW? (steez)

I have been waiting since Nov 1 or so. Mine is either awaiting inspection or is on a truck coming to me! It was in line for inspection yesterday, and maybe it's a the truck with steez's GTI by now. Ha just kidding, I live in Rochester not NYC. Good luck steez hope that you can come up with a good new name for this one!

·
Registered
250 Posts

i was worried since this girl i know ordered a glx jetta in 2000. nothing out of the ordinary and it took 10 weeks to get here.
i ordered my gti on 11/6 and i got a message on my voicemail that the car will be ready for pickup on tuesday

·
Registered
568 Posts

Waiting about a month now for a Black ext./Black cloth int w/ cold weather and lux. package. Dealer found one last week, but had the black/red cloth not the black/gray cloth.
Still waiting... but not sure I want it anymore as the A2 is working fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts

I stopped by my local VW dealer on a Friday and they had just unloaded the only '02 Black/Beige Leather, Sport Package, 1.8t Jetta that they had on the lot. Actually it was the only Sport Package equipped Jetta there. Just about everything else had the 2.0 (not that there's anything wrong with a 2.0 since you can always get a supercharger for it
) or an automatic. They did have some very nice GTI's with really nice 17's on them, but I need four doors. I went back on Saturday and was out the door before lunch. It took longer to get insurance than it did to buy the car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.