VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm at 105,000 soon, and still on the original clutch, shows no signs whatsoever of slippage, gears still go in perfectly everytime,.. gonna get timing chains done soon, and a peloquin thrown in for good measure in case i ever decide to get more power and need it thrown to the ground... either way, question is i know it's probably best to get the clutch changed but i'm worried it might screw something up.. i mean, my clutch has gone this long, doesn't show any signs of giving in.. will getting a peloquin put in affect clutch wear at all? haven't done much homework on them, other than what they do really, and am learning by researching old topics here on the tex.. anyone want to add some info about peloquin's and the like, and how long their original clutches lasted.. ?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Re: how long does a clutch last anyway ? (EuroVR6Mk3)

Got 175,000 miles on my original. Been too busy buying other stuff to worry about it. Will replace it when it quits.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Re: how long does a clutch last anyway ? (forgets)

if you are gettign a peloquin, then the transmission will be out. Just replace the clutch because whne the time comes, it's a crappy job that has to be once again.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Re: how long does a clutch last anyway ? (forgets)

150k for mine, still working. but a bit of slippage. only shows up when i am in stop ands go traffic. but normal driving . no issues.

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Re: how long does a clutch last anyway ? (kreuzer)

Quote, originally posted by kreuzer »
if you are gettign a peloquin, then the transmission will be out. Just replace the clutch because when the time comes, it's a crappy job that has to be once again.

Amen, bruddah. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
As to your question:
Quote »
how long does a clutch last anyway ?

It depends on how your drive it, how it's adjusted, etc.

BTW, I had an older Nissan pickup run 193K miles on the original clutch when I sold the truck. AFAIK, that clutch was still in the truck when it was totalled a couple of years later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts