VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend ordered her 02 Golf TDI GLS silver/black w/o lux package and it took 3 months to get it. Is this because the 02s were not released yet? or because not getting the lux package was rare?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Re: how long of a wait for a 2002 Golf TDI? (HIDGolf)

If there are none of that spec in the area, there may be a good wait for VW to build the car up. I've heard that dealers can specify what they want up front, but special orders placed later are not given the priority that the dealer ordered cars are given at the port. The dealership should do a search of all the vehicles in the surrounding states as well, to minimize the wait time. They should also watch what comes into the port and keep your friend notified if a similar vehicle arrives - maybe same color but with Monsoon or something. Further, if your friend negotiated a slim profit deal, the dealer has no incentive to bend over backward to get that particular car, when they've probably got a parking lot full of unsold 2002 models that they're more concerned about moving. They may also have held the order due to inventory. I know it stinks, but it's the reality of the business.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: how long of a wait for a 2002 Golf TDI? (J.R. Rogers)

thanks, new winter tires for my A2 are going on this weekend!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Re: how long of a wait for a 2002 Golf TDI? (HIDGolf)

Just talked my broker today and ordered a 2002 Jetta TDI, Galactic Blue

Unfortunately...I'm waiting until near the end of February. It's a factory order.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts