VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering what the average everyone's cars are lowered, I'm thinking about going 2.5" front and about 2" in the rear with coilovers. Post pics too
thanks

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Re: How low are your cars dropped? (VW THUNDER)

i voted 1-2", but i hate it...either goin with coils or a cup kit http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,263 Posts

Yea guys, me and Thunder are both wondering...my car is only lowered like 1.5 and its pretty damn low...i think 3 inches is insane! but maybe im wrong....lets take this poll serious...
also maybe its cause i have a rado and they are lower stock?

·
Registered
21,868 Posts
Re: How low are your cars dropped? (KidCorrado)

I'm a little under 4" down.. a lot of people exaggerate, we had Jeremy down a measured 4" even and he was tucking quite a lot of tire.. I'm tucking a little over 1/2" of tire

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: How low are your cars dropped? (LostBoyScout)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'm a little under 4" down.. a lot of people exaggerate, we had Jeremy down a measured 4" even and he was tucking quite a lot of tire.. I'm tucking a little over 1/2" of tire[HR][/HR]​
HOLY CRAP!, that is INSANE! So do you think going about 2.5" front and 2" rear would look pretty good with 17" rims?

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Re: How low are your cars dropped? (LostBoyScout)

2.5" front, 2" rear will look good with 17s. Smaller rims require more drastic measures, though.

I put myself down for 3-4... I'm not quite 4" anymore, but I'm well past 3".

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: How low are your cars dropped? (Lobstrosity)

quote:[HR][/HR]2.5" front, 2" rear will look good with 17s. Smaller rims require more drastic measures, though.
[HR][/HR]​
Alright, thanks...I am thinking about getting H&R coilovers, i've heard they only lower 2" in the front...I wanna go lower than that though. Is that all the lower the regular H&R coilovers go? 2" in the front and 3" in the rear?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

quote:[HR][/HR]2.5" front, 2" rear will look good with 17s. Smaller rims require more drastic measures, though.
[HR][/HR]​
Alright, thanks...I am thinking about getting H&R coilovers, i've heard they only lower 2" in the front...I wanna go lower than that in the front though (about 2.5"). Is that all the lower the regular H&R coilovers go? 2" in the front and 3" in the rear?

·
Registered
506 Posts

Alright, thanks...I am thinking about getting H&R coilovers, i've heard they only lower 2" in the front...I wanna go lower than that in the front though (about 2.5"). Is that all the lower the regular H&R coilovers go? 2" in the front and 3" in the rear?[HR][/HR]​
Marcs car the (the yellow gti above) is lowered on H&R coils...as you can see they go lower then two inches in the front

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Re: How low are your cars dropped? (pdxvento)

Mine is lowered somewhere between 3.5-4"'s in the front and about 2.75-3" in the back (but the back will be going lower soon).

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Re: How low are your cars dropped? (Slapshotnerd)

stock CL suspension, I still 4X4 baby !
bring on the hill climbs and mud bogs, I'm ready !

·
Registered
23,115 Posts

im at the 3" club

·
Registered
27,070 Posts
Re: How low are your cars dropped? (Vdub18)

quote:[HR][/HR]leaving my garage

[HR][/HR]​
Pssssssht, that's not low enough
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Re: How low are your cars dropped? (EyanX)

I am down 4" in the front and 3.75" in the rea on 15" rims and a 50 series tire, all year long...

Sean

1 - 20 of 38 Posts