VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day I'm hanging out with non VW people and someone asks, "Your car is dropped??"
If you didn't see my sig, does this car look low enough? Does it look "lifted" with 18's? The more I look the more I think I made the mistake only dropping it 30-40MM. So now I'm debating on getting it dropped a bit more, but is it worth to do it just for looks?
If I lived it cali or a place where I didn't have to worry about road conditions, my car would probably be dropped 3+ inches, however since I live in NY I need to "drop with caution".

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: How low does this look?? (bjettin)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hey Papasuki saw your ride at the Nathan's GTG few weeks back. I thought the car look nice the way it was but that could have something to do with it being dark out. [HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Thanks man!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Re: How low does this look?? (papasuki)

Bro...the car looks good. In terms of lowering it more, that depends on what kind of driving you do. I think for everyday use, your car looks plenty good. Vdubbers can tell when a car is lowered. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

this is what i'd suggest...
if you have coil overs and have the ability to lower it some more...LOWER IT!!!
if you have to go out and buy whole new setups...definitely don't worry about it.
also, do you think you're gonna have much more trouble driving in NY after you lower it...? if yes, then don't lower it.
looks wise, yes, would look better lower, but if it caused you that much trouble to do it and afterwards...then don't worry...
btw, great lookin' car!!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Re: How low does this look?? (anto)

as a fellow NY dubber, i say looks low enough
of course i am a defender of the 4x4 look, because my under engine sheild has been torn off twice and the bottom of the bumper detached several times, and i'm at stock height. snow sucks. either way, if you want to go lower, maybe adjustable coilovers is the way to go? once i can save up for it, thats my plan. i NEED the height in the winter.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: How low does this look?? (anto)

quote:[HR][/HR]this is what i'd suggest...
if you have coil overs and have the ability to lower it some more...LOWER IT!!!
if you have to go out and buy whole new setups...definitely don't worry about it.
also, do you think you're gonna have much more trouble driving in NY after you lower it...? if yes, then don't lower it.
looks wise, yes, would look better lower, but if it caused you that much trouble to do it and afterwards...then don't worry...
btw, great lookin' car!![HR][/HR]​
Good point. I am happy with the Weitec kit as far as ride quality and control. Definate improvement over stock! I _was_ debating on getting coilovers. However since I am happy with my current set-up It was hard for me to justify the cost for another inch.
I'll most likely keep this set-up for a while and find something else to spend my tax refund check on.

·
Registered
14,715 Posts

It looks okay now, IMHO, but I'd probably go another 1/2" lower, and that's coming from someone who doesn't want to scrape my oil pan. What I try to achieve is an equal gap between the entire fender and the tire.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Re: How low does this look?? (jettanjax)

was there a smuge on your lens when you were taking the picture???

as for dropping in ny, i was tempted to drop till we had a bad storm this winter when my car was scraping along, i'm gonna wait to see where i get a full time job after i graduate to see if it lands me someplace snowless so i can drop.
to make a long story short, i wouldn't

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.