VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought this Sprint Springs they are saying its 2" drop, but i dont think so. the car sits lower then the stock aw course but it looks like its 1.2" drop, so my question is do you know any springs that gives you good drop, if you have picture of your car with springs please post them also, thanks.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Re: how low you can go with springs?? and which ones? (Blue96VR6)

I have Weitec 60/60 springs on Bilstein shocks and I think the drop is about perfect. They also make 80mm drop springs but I haven't heard of anyone who has run them.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Re: how low you can go with springs?? and which ones? (Dub n Bass)

we built an A3 GTI with a 60/80mm drop on it.....was very niiiiice!! 80mm on the front is just loooowwww!!!

·
Registered
17,757 Posts

Try the H&R Cup Kit. Do a search for it, and there should be a ton of pics

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

where can i get WEITEC 60/60 springs?:>>>>>>>

quote:[HR][/HR]I have Weitec 60/60 springs on Bilstein shocks and I think the drop is about perfect. They also make 80mm drop springs but I haven't heard of anyone who has run them.

[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
482 Posts

Call Tuning Zubehor. I think their number is 1-800-zubehor, or 1-888?
They have good prices too. I think I paid $170 for the springs.

·
Registered
21,570 Posts

i had eibach sportlines, they sat pretty nicely... but it just wasn't low enough for me

·
Registered
59 Posts
Re: how low you can go with springs?? and which ones? (4NRYDE)

I am currently running Eibach Sportlines with Koni adjustables and the height is perfect and the ride quality is awesome. They said itwould lower my car about 1.7 but it is closer to 2 if not a little more.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts

I've also got weitec 60/60 but with the cup kit strut/shocks......i'm hoping it will settle a little more.

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
Re: how low you can go with springs?? and which ones? (28)

60/40 on mine...more pics in sig...
the only problem i have with them is that they're not really stiff enough for me.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Re: how low you can go with springs?? and which ones? (Severance)

here's a pic of mine with h&r coilovers. you'll need them if you want to run real low. height adjustable is the way to go.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I have Weitec 60/60 springs on Bilstein shocks and I think the drop is about perfect. They also make 80mm drop springs but I haven't heard of anyone who has run them.[HR][/HR]​
I run an 80/80mm drop on springs (currently 95/80mm thanks to ABD lowering caps) and they ride awesome.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Re: how low you can go with springs?? and which ones? (GRNWNV)

GRNWNV- Do you have problems with rubbing running that low? or do you have your arches modified?
I agree with Severance, the Weitec springs could be a bit stiffer, but I love the drop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts