VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Re: FV-QR (mk3_vwgti)

Quote, originally posted by mk3_vwgti »
For real up to 550 whp but to get this kind of hp you need to build the motor???

Put the 16v in, slap the turbo kit on, boost it to 20psi and roast some tires. No need for 500hp on the street in a mk1, on the track its a different story.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: FV-QR (ALLGORIMSHOW)

I want a fast car that I could bet some money plus I want to scrape all those honda in bridgeport...let say a stock motor with a t3 t4 turbo boosting 10 t0 20 how many hp can I get????

·
Registered
7,827 Posts

I want a fast car that I could bet some money plus I want to scrape all those honda in bridgeport...let say a stock motor with a t3 t4 turbo boosting 10 t0 20 how many hp can I get????

Honda's make more power and have better ratio transmissions so.... use some nos I guess?

·
Registered
7,827 Posts

Then should I go with a vr swap???

Why not go with a full R32T setup? That should keep up with most anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GuNFCQ06gc
Just using that vid as a reference.

Modified by ALLGORIMSHOW at 4:30 PM 2-3-2010

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

boost is just a number. most dont build a motor/car that runs 20lbs or whatever boost.
20lbs from a small turbo is not anywhere near the same amount of air from a big turbo at 20lbs.
YOU SHOULD, make a HP goal. and we can size you with a turbo. then tell you how much boost it should take to get to your goal
a friend of mine mad like 507whp with a stock 16v head, an aba bottom end. with a gt35r

Modified by boost_addict at 9:44 AM 2-4-2010

Modified by boost_addict at 9:45 AM 2-4-2010

·
Registered
216 Posts
Re: FV-QR (boost_addict)

Honestly, I'm a little confused. Isn't 20 psi just 20 psi? no matter which turbo it's coming from? you end up with restriction on the exhaust housing side if it's a small turbo, but if you're making 20psi then... you're making 20PSI...... Right?

·
Registered
9,195 Posts
Re: FV-QR (cgow86)

Two factors to a turbo, CFM and Pressure. That's why you can have a K03 putting out 25psi and only be making 210whp and then you slap a GT35R on it and do 25psi and start making 400+whp

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.