VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
20,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've had my Mk I on the road, I've had three different people come up to me and ask me if I was interested in selling it. One guy followed me for like 5 or 6 miles out of his way!

· Registered
80 Scirocco, 87 Scirocco 16v, 86 Quantum Syncro, 91 318is, 84 230CE, 99 Tacoma PreRunner
25,489 Posts
Re: How many other people does this happen to? (Mk1Racer)

I've been asked a couple of times. Mostly when I pull into the parking lot at work and get out.

· Registered
8,136 Posts

I JUST got my new tranny (with Quaife) installed on the 16V, and as I drove home, there was bucking and the ever loving silent drift to a parking lot resting place. (you guys know the drill) I had JUST opened the door of the car and was immediately greeted with "Do you want to sell it?". Umm, no...(I had blown out a main fuel line, was dreading a transmission issue obviously) My MkI goes unseen most of the time, except at VW shows where it is more appreciated.

· Registered
4,905 Posts
I've had everything from guys approaching me asking me if I wanted to sell it, to notes left under the wiper, to cops pulling me over just to "get a closer look". Fun stuff! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,846 Posts
Re: (86Sir.Rocco)

Quote, originally posted by 86Sir.Rocco »
ive had that happen with the MKII... i wish i had an MKI

My Mk I's we're cool and I love'em ,but I think down deep I'm a MK II guy, the styling is differerent and they look really awsome next to the Lotus...there's a connection there bumper to bumper that says it all..... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
3,307 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Mk1Racer »
Since I've had my Mk I on the road, I've had three different people come up to me and ask me if I was interested in selling it. One guy followed me for like 5 or 6 miles out of his way!

Yeah I've gotten that many times http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
9,710 Posts
Re: How many other people does this happen to? (GoKraut)

I had some kid roll up on his skateboard and ask me if that was a 'Shiroko" and then proceeded to tell me that his Mom used to have one when he was a kid......I felt pretty old right then.

· Registered
3,307 Posts
Re: How many other people does this happen to? (My Old Roc)

Quote, originally posted by My Old Roc »
I had some kid roll up on his skateboard and ask me if that was a 'Shiroko" and then proceeded to tell me that his Mom used to have one when he was a kid......I felt pretty old right then.

Thats because you are dude.

Stop hanging out in the kiddie parks looking for fresh meat

· Registered
3,307 Posts
Re: How many other people does this happen to? (power_house)

Quote, originally posted by power_house »

I wont point out the obvious one here rob *cough* my myspace *cough*

There is a difference of 4 or 5 years between me and your friends.

Not 40+ going after freshmans in HS.

· Registered
4,102 Posts
Re: How many other people does this happen to? (GoKraut)

Quote, originally posted by GoKraut »

There is a difference of 4 or 5 years between me and your friends.

Not 40+ going after freshmans in HS.

yes but andy owns a damn millenium falcon

· Registered
3,307 Posts
Re: How many other people does this happen to? (power_house)

Quote, originally posted by power_house »

yes but andy owns a damn millenium falcon

He has a candy store in the back seat if any young girls here were wondering...

· Registered
1,211 Posts
Re: How many other people does this happen to? (timbo2132)

Quote, originally posted by timbo2132 »
When you drive a mk2, you don't get offers to buy, you just get a lot of "I had one of those" or "My buddy had one of those in high school!"

exactly
i had a guy at the humane society where i got my dog talk to me about it and said he was a vw freak
then another guy a few days ago said his buddy had a new one is HS and blah blah blah

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.